Ch 09 Boom

A/N on Jun 16, 2013: Hey guys!!!! New chapter!!! I know, I know. How awesome!!! No? k. *awkward* But I tried to make it as long as possible without boring you guys! and if I did I truly sorry ( AND ASHLEY IF YOU ARE READING THIS THEN YOU HAVE TO TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THE CHAPTER ASAP!!!!! ) well after reading this chapter of course. I feel like doing a Q&A post in truth or dare so comment me some questions... give me alot pwease... and yes I spelt please like 'pwease'. OMG I'm such a rebel. just kidding but yeah don't forget to Cote (Comment and Vote)! AND FAN??!!!!! Okay you can read now my dedicated readers and my silent ones, lol. :)) 

- Whitney 

A/N April 28, 2024: Laughing at how I used to do my author notes. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Chapter 09: Boom

The flames were too big for me to get to the front doors. I went to the back of the car and noticed there was a small opening because of the glass shattering. It seemed that I could reach Christian, who was unconscious in the car, if I reached from the back. I reached out my hand and I was calling out his name. No matter how much I shook his body or called his name, his eyes remained closed.

After a few more times calling his name, he finally turned to me. I reached for his arm and pulled him away from the burning car. As I was pulling him out, my arm touched some of the flames that were burning and melting the car. I felt like I was shot a thousand times in the same spot over and over again. I didn't let go of Christian at all, despite my arm hurting so much.

I quickly dialed 9-1-1 as I laid Christian on the dead grass. As I was waiting to reach a person, my heart kept beating really fast while the phone was ringing. Ring, ring, ring. Bump, bump, bump. That was all I heard until I finally got a hold of someone.

"Hello, Greenwich Police Department, what's the emergency?" someone's voice said.

"Here's a f-fire! And someone is lying down next to me unconscious!"

"Where are you?"

I turned to look at the house behind and squinted my eyes to get a better view of the address. I yelled, "23 Scoffied Ave", to the operator. They said that they would be here as fast as possible and hung up. It took awhile until the fire department, the ambulance, and the police came. They lift Christian from the grass and put him into the ambulance. One of the people who seemed to be working with the hospital asked me to come with her. I looked at her with a really weird expression and asked, " Why?"

"You have a burn mark on your arm," she said.

"But I'm okay," I replied.

She took my arm and started touching my burn mark. Ouch! Even though I said I was okay, it didn't mean she could touch it. She looked at me and said, "See you're not okay. So I advise you to come with me to the hospital to get your arm checked out." I nodded my head and followed her to the ambulance and went to the hospital. While Christian and I were in the ambulance on our way to the hospital, Christian started talking but in his sleep.

"I have to tell her... I have to tell her the truth," he said.

I stared at him wondering what in the world he was talking about. Before I could call him, the ambulance stopped and the doors opened. They took Christian out of the ambulance and rushed through the hospital entrance. I went and followed. They told me to go to the room across from Christian's and wait until a nurse or a doctor came to assist me.

I waited and waited.

I really wanted to know how was Christian doing, if he was okay or not. I hopped off the patient's bed and headed to the door, then finally a doctor showed up and said,