Ch 03 Shattered

Truth or Dare Copyright © WhitneyLovehina 2013-2024 All Rights Reserved

Orignal upload: Mar 6, 2013

Chapter 03: "Shattered"

Everything couldn't process through my head. My body froze as I was staring at Hanna from the back. Sky was trembling next to me, feeling scared and looking like she was about to pass out. The darkness wrapped around me as I was trembling with fear. The moment we found Adam was the moment we lost him again. "What do we do?" asked Sky.

What could we do? The problem kept getting bigger and bigger. As Sky and I panicked, Hanna turned and looked straight at us. "You better not talk about what just happened to anyone," she threatened. As I put my hand on Hanna's shoulder, she was shaking as much as Sky and I were. Even though on the outside she looked like she could care less, but really on the inside she was dying as much as I was.

The way Hanna looked I could tell she couldn't think straight at all. She was weak as a frail branch at the end of a tree; although it's strong enough to hold a bird, it would snap at the significant weight of a cat. Even though Adam wasn't her favorite person, she never had any intention of hurting him. I wouldn't be able to live if I knew I killed someone.

All of sudden, I heard noises coming from the other direction. Sky and Hanna heard it as well. It sounded like footsteps. We all hid behind a bush and looked to see who was coming. While we were watching, we saw someone walking towards the cliff. The person was wearing all black, had a big black sweater, and black gloves.

All the dark clothes reminded me of the Grim Reaper. I couldn't see who it was though. Hanna, Sky, and I were just watching the person walking closer and closer to the edge of the cliff. Suddenly that person stopped for a moment and then jumped. Our eyes widened with our mouths dropped.

Did that person just commit suicide?

After we just witnessed a suicide, we all ran back to Hanna's car with Hanna in the driver's seat, Skylyn in the back, and me sitting in the passenger's seat. As Hanna started her engine, she whispered, "Kat, I'm sorry." I turned and looked at her as she drove out of the woods and headed back home.

Once we arrived at Hanna's place, we ran straight to her bedroom and slammed the door behind us. Hanna's mom went to work, so it was only us alone. Hanna was standing near the window biting her nails looking petrified. Skylyn wasn't doing anything. She had the blankest expression I ever saw. Probably after seeing two people jump really got to her.

Suddenly Sky said, "What are we gonna do?" As soon as Hanna heard that, she jumped in front of me and turned to Sky yelling, "We are not going to say anything! The only people that know are us three! So no one can find out unless one of us spills it out!"

Hanna's face started to turn a tomato red. Sky and I stared at her knowing she's having mixed up emotions. It's like all her emotions were put into a blender getting mixed into one big smoothie. As she slowly calmed down she looked at us saying, "Do you guys think I wanted to push him?" Sky didn't say anything for a little bit and just stared at Hanna then slowly nodded no.

"I need water," said Hanna. Then she walked out of the room for a drink. While she was downstairs, Sky and I waited for Hanna to come back. Abruptly, I heard glass shattering and Hanna screaming. My body jumped from the sudden noise. Sky was the first to head downstairs and then I followed her from behind. We saw Hanna get up from the ground with glass all over the floor. I ran over to Hanna to help her get up. Her hand was dripped in her own blood. Her face changed as the pain got worse. It went from a normal calm face to "ah this hurts" to an "AH SHIT, this really hurts" expression.