Ch 02 Hidden Truths

Truth or Dare Copyright © royalpeasant 2013-2024 All Rights Reserved

Original upload: Feb 28, 2013

Don't forget to vote (hit the star button) and comment! x

Chapter 02 "Hidden Truths"

As soon as school finished, Hanna, Skylyn, and I rushed to get to Hanna's house. While we were driving, Skylyn and I landed our eyes on Hanna. Hanna looked surprised as much as we did. How could Adam be missing? It was strange that he disappeared after Hanna went to go teach him a lesson. I had to admit that what Adam did to me was really wrong, and Hanna had the right to yell and scream at him but not to hurt him. I couldn't bear if Hanna had a guilty conscience for hurting him like how he hurt me. But I believe Hanna wouldn't do such a thing, because I knew her long enough to know what she would do and what she wouldn't do.

We were now 2 minutes away from Hanna's house and heard nothing. It was absolutely silent.

I decided to break the awkwardness and said, "What are we gonna do, guys?" Was it dumb enough for me to even ask that question? It's not like we could go in a time machine and stop what he did to me. If that never happened, Hanna would never go near him, and he would've never gone missing. Something suspicious was going on. Skylyn and I stared at Hanna as she was driving. I could feel the tension in the car. So heavy and intensely unbearable that I put the window down. It felt good to get a good breeze after a long day just thinking and worrying.

Finally at Hanna's house, we dashed straight for her room. Moving swiftly and rapidly, even ignoring Hanna's mother, Hanna, Skylyn and I jumped on her bed. Still running through my mind was the most obvious question. What the hell did Hanna do? I felt like if I asked her what she did to Adam, she would think I didn't trust her. I didn't want her to feel like I was accusing her of something, but she was the last one to have spoken with Adam. But Skylyn, like she and I shared the same brain, opened her mouth finally and asked, "So... what happened to Adam?"

Hanna pacing back and forth all of a sudden because of that question. "What do you mean? You think I had something to do with his disappearance?"

Skylyn's eyes widen like an owl and you can see her trembling to even reply back. She managed to get some words out. "But didn't you go look for him last night? Claiming you were gonna teach him a lesson? What else could that possibly lead to?"

Hanna looked up and down at Sky, "Even if I did go look for him, I didn't find him. So don't blame anything on me. For all you know, he could have run away or something after what he did to Kat. What he did could give him a record."

When Hanna said that, my mind was like a movie projector. I could see flashbacks of that moment. I could feel his cold hands touching me, hurting me. His eyes looked like a demon possessed him looking for pleasure and greed. My body was beginning to shake and I couldn't help, but let out the biggest cry. I woke up and went back into reality. Sky and Hanna staring hardcore at me with the one look I hated the most. Pity.

Hanna asked, "Are you okay Kat?"

I replied hesitantly, "I'm fine."

"You sure?" Sky asked.

"Of course."

Of course, I wasn't fine. I felt like shit on the sidewalk after someone stepped on it and scraped it off harshly. I had to admit that I was the type of person to hide what I'm feeling and never express them, because I didn't want anyone to worry. They had nothing to worry about. Even though I said I was okay, they should realize as my best friends, I was dying on the inside. They knew my perfect world just got hit with a meteor. As seconds passed, I felt the awkwardness in the room come back, so I stood up and started pacing around Hanna's room.