9

"Smile Caroline, cameras are watching," Eloise nudged the driver as they got out of their car.

"Yeah no," Caroline gave a fake smile and went back to her grumpy self before they scanned their passes and stepped into the paddock.

"Morning you two," Daniel joined his sister and Caroline and soon noticed the look on the driver's face. "What is wrong with her?" he asked his sister.

"She didn't get a good sleep last night," Eloise replied. "Actually, she didn't get any sleep at all."

"Why?"

"I may have forced her to watch a horror movie," Eloise replied as she cautiously looked at Caroline.

Caroline shot her friend a glare before looking at Daniel.

"Your sister hates me," she said to Daniel. "She doesn't let me eat my favorite food, wakes me up early in the morning to work out, forced me to watch horror movies....she knows I can't sleep after watching anything scary."

Eloise looked guilty, trying to hide behind her brother.

"Your fault you hired her as your performance coach," Daniel pointed out. "Remember I advised you not to..ouch! what the hell Eloise?"

Eloise kicked her brother's leg and gave an innocent smile, making Caroline smile.

Caroline pulled Eloise away from Daniel and he gave her a thankful look.

"Come on, I have a meeting with Christian. See you later Dan," she said to Daniel before both she and Eloise made way to the Red Bull hospitality.

***

Caroline was a bit absent-minded after the meeting with Christian Horner and the lack of sleep definitely contributed to it. She didn't even hear or notice Max calling her name.

"Care?" Max tapped her shoulder. "Are you okay?"

She slightly jumped but relaxed after knowing it was Max. "Yeah, sorry. I didn't sleep well last night."

"Yeah, I can tell that by your face," he looked concerned. "Anyway, it's time for the track walk and Eloise was going crazy trying to find you."

"I presume you are not joining?" Caroline asked as they head back. Max prefers to rest and sleep instead of going to a track walk, he calls it a waste of time.

"You are correct," he nodded. "You could use this time to sleep too you know."

"Nahh, at least one of us has to know the track well," Caroline smiled. "Besides I will sleep after free practice is over."

***

Eloise forced Caroline to have two cups of coffee before the track walk and now she is on her third cup and doesn't even have an ounce of sleep as the walk came to an end.

Her eyes went wide as she noticed Lewis walking towards her. They haven't seen each other or exchanged any words since the night they hung out together and both ended up in Lewis' bed. She turned around immediately, trying to pretend she didn't notice him but it was too late.

"Hey there Caroline," Lewis greeted from behind, making her look around.

"Hey..Hi Lewis," She greeted back, trying to avoid looking at him.

Lewis chuckled as she moved past him and continued walking, but he quickly catch up.

"How was London?" he asked.

"How do you know I went to London?" she looked confused. "Have you been stalking me or something?"

"No," he let out a laugh. "I think you forgot that you are famous and people click photos of you wherever you go. A bunch of them spotted you in London."

"Oh great!," she gave a sarcastic smile.

"So..how was London?" Lewis asked again, genuinely interested.

"It was..okay..as expected," Caroline replied as her expression soften.

"And have you ever once thought about the night we spent together?" Lewis asked straight forward as he smirked.

"What?" Caroline choked on her coffee as her eyes went wide.

"You know, after the last race when you and I..."

"Shhh!" she quickly put her fingers on Lewis' lips, stopping him from saying another word. She could feel him smirk against her finger. "There are people around...and no, I have not given it any thought, in fact, I don't even remember anything about that night," she lied.

She removed her finger from against his lips, looked around, and let out a deep breath as no one noticed them.

"Okay," he lifted his hands up in surrender. "But just so you know, I had a really good time with you and was kind of disappointed when I woke up to find my bed empty."

"Lewis!"

***

"Max? Wake up," Caroline gently nudged her teammate.

Max only hummed and turned to his side.

"Max? We have to get ready for free practice," she shook him but got the same response.

Max slightly smiled in his sleep and held her hand as she called out his name.

"Max!" Caroline finally raised her voice and he immediately opened his eyes.

"Wha..sorry," he sat up and rubbed his eyes. "Wait.." he looked around and then at Caroline to confirm he was still not dreaming and actually woke up.

"Come on, sleepyhead, we have free practice," she smiled at him.

"Right," he got up, trying not to look at Caroline.

"Hey, you okay?" she asked as she gently put her hand on his arm.

"Umm, yeah," he replied. "It was just a bad dream. You go ahead, I am going just freshen up and join you."

"Okay," she nodded her head but looked unconvinced.

Max gave her an assuring look.

"Come soon before Christian gets mad," she said before leaving the driver's room.

He let out a sigh as he sat on his bed and rubbed his face with his hands. He lied to Caroline, it was not a bad dream, in fact, it was a good dream and it involved her. It seem so real that he got confused when he actually woke up and saw her smiling at him.

"Shit!"

**********

A/N: Thoughts on Lewis x Caroline and Max x Caroline?

Who do you think Caroline is going to fall for?

Thoughts about Max dreaming about Caroline?