2

After wandering around the exhibition for two or three hours with Jack spewing random facts he'd learnt, Seraphina went home to her flat. Throwing open the door she slouched in an flopped on the sofa, grinning with happiness from her day. Jumping up from her seat she did a little dance of excitement, she shuffled her favourite playlist and pulled out the cupcake ingredients. 

Dancing, she mixed the butter, sugar, eggs, flour and vanilla extract in a bowl. She line the cupcake tray with cases and put the mix into the cases, all while singing the iconic Taylor Swift songs that she constantly had replaying in her head. After placing the trays in the oven, Sera turned on her heel and grimaced at the mess she had made dramatically throwing flour into the bowl. 'better get started right away' she thought placing the pots into the dishwasher.

Halfway through wiping the sides down, she heard her phone ring from her pocket. Rushing to answer in time, Seraphina threw down her cloth, answering on the last ring, not checking the caller id.

"Hello?" she asked more than said.

"Hello, is this Seraphina Adelaide?" a woman asked on the other end. 

"Yes, speaking. Who is this?" she asked politely. 

"This is Camille Saroyan, we spoke earlier." Cam responded. 

letting out a quiet sight Sera sat down on a kitchen stool. "Oh hello, i didn't think it would be so soon you'd call"

"Well, one of our interns called in sick and we need someone to come in and fill in while they are gone. You are at the top of our candidates list and i think you would be a great fit for the job. Is that okay, you would start tomorrow." 

"Yes! Of course its perfect" She nearly squealed in excitement, she just landed her dream job. 

"Okay if you come in at 6am tomorrow I'll sort out your badge and lab coat and give you a tour. Then we will meet the team." Cam said happily, she knew Sera would be the perfect person for the job when they met and seeing her make Hodgins laugh at the exhibition confirmed her spot on the course.

The blonde jumped up and danced around her apartment. She was big on excitement and was constantly excited for another opportunity that was thrown her way. After her victory dance she called her sisters and told them the news earning a "congratulations" from Toni and a "That's fantastic Finny, when can i come help you spice up your wardrobe" from Stella. Toni was the sarcastic sister, she was a psychology major at Stanford university and a year and a half older than Seraphina. As the oldest she was the bossiest and always got the blame for her sisters mistakes. Stella was a kind, loving sister, two years younger but genuinely the smartest of them all. She just graduated high school with a 4.0 gpa, head of student council and prom queen, how she did it Sera did not know but she always knew Stella would be the best of them all. 

Realising the cupcakes were burning she ran to the kitchen and pulled them out the oven, allowing the sweet scent of cakes to waft around her apartment.  Sera decided to ice them in a white buttercream and silver glitter and take them into work tomorrow as a thank you for giving her the job. Sera sneakily popped a cupcake into her mouth and sighed, it was a simple recipe she found online but it made marvelous cakes. She packed them into boxes and headed into her bedroom. Changing into an oversized shirt she plopped down on her bed and turned off her light, drifting into a deep sleep. 

A.N. 

short chapter tonight, sorry lol. im having wifi issues and i got online eventually but here have a filler chapter. merry christmas ig. 651 words 

~~A