12

~~in the lab~~

'hey how's it coming along?' Jack said walking into the bone room where Sera were attempting to identify murder weapons. 

'Im still looking.' Sera said. 

'The shaving was wafer thin and conformed to the curvature of the-' shs explained before getting cut off. 

'I need the bones .' Jack interrupted. 

'Sams, Hodgins.' She said annoyed. 

'Look I need to save the ligature furrows for elemental analysis.' Jack placed his try down on the table. 

In an attempt to stop the argument she was sure was about to take place Sera blurted out the first thing that came to mind. 'Did you know that I sang?' 

'me too.' Zack said calmly walking in.

'Omg your back!' Sera yelled. 

'Yes but can we talk later I need to work.'

'okay?' Jack questioned. 'you sang?' 

'yes as a child, my parents thought that singing lessons would help intergrate me socially.' Zack continued. 

'Really?' Sera said. 

'i was quite good.' He boasted. ' I received acclaim and a new stature amongst the parents of my peers.' 

'what about your actual peers?' 

'my mother said they were jealous and not to worry about it.' 

'Jealous of your singing?' Jack questioned to which Zack nodded vigorously. 'I'm trying but I just can't-' 

'That's mean Jack' Sera reprimanded.

Zack then broke out into song, attracting quite the audience including Ange and Cam who cheered the loudest when he was done. 

'Wow honey that was great.' Ange said before leaving with the crowd. 

'listen Pavarotti, I need the c-5 vertebra, the hyoid and the temporal bone.' Jack said picking them up. 

'we need a weapon though.' Sera argued. 

'and by id'ing the particulates in the wound I can give you more to go on.' He said causing Sera to sigh knowing that he was write. 'thanks for the concert.' He said before walking out. 

'is there something you need?' Jack aided to Cam and Ange who were stood in the doorway

'no we were just-' 'yeah I'm fine erm bye' they said in chorus, before leaving properly, not before Ange gave him a sneaky thumbs up and mouthing well done. 

~~later on the platform~~

Doctor Brennan was cutting a block of cheese with a guitar string as Sera, Jack, Zack, Ange, Cam, Booth and Sweets looked on interestedly. 

'the guitar string could have definitely been the murder weapon.' Dr. Brennan said holding it up after it sliced the cheese. 

'because it cut the cheese.' Booth declared causing the group (except Brennan and Zack) to laugh. 

'because the exemplar wound approximates the tool marks on the victims C-5.' Brennan corrected not understanding the joke. 

'yeah he knew that he just wanted to say cut the cheese.' Cam clarified as Sweets and Booth burst out in laughter. 

'okay hodgins you're the guitar player.' Bones said handing him a string. 

Before Jack spoke, Zack Stepped forward nodding. 'Zack you are Tommy. He said spinning him round and placing the string around his throat.