3

"Don't worry it's just a job. It's just like any other job" Sera thought to herself pacing infront of the medico legal lab. She finally convinced herself to enter as Cam rounded the corner and saw her outside the glass doors.

"Sera, you're here. Have you been in yet?" She asked walking towards the nervous girl.

"No i was nervous, i don't know why though i know everyone here is lovely." Sera practically whispered, "I made cupcakes for everyone though, is that okay. I can take them home if it's too much. Oh no im rambling I'm so sorry i'm really nervous!"

"They are fine, Sera." Cam reassured,"Don't apologise about the rambling i did it on my first day in the field"

The pair walked in together, sharing stories about their embarrassing moments, while their coworkers looked on in shock that an intern made Cam laugh and share stories.

"Guys this is Seraphina Adelaide," Cam announced to the team on the platform "She's the new intern"

"Hey, you can call me Sera the only person who calls me Seraphina is my older sister when ive done something wrong" She laughed nervously.

A chorus of "hi" and "hey"s erupted from the group and they got back to their work. A dark haired, tall woman walked over to Sera, a bright smile on her face.

"Hey sweetie, im Angela Montenegro, I'm the only 'normal' one around here" She giggled. "I'm the technical one, the other woman is Temperance Brennan, Booth calls her bones but she hates it. She's the main anthropologist. You've met Cam right? She's the pathologist. The FBI guys are Booth, the tall attractive one and Sweets the one that looks like a kid"

"Ahh okay, so Cam, Brennan, Angela, Booth and Sweets" She recited pointing them out. "Who's that?" Sera said refering to a curly haired man that was walking backwards out of a smoking office coughing and waving his hands infront of his face.

"Ohh bug boy, hah, he's our resident idiot. He's extremely intelligent but paranoid that the government is spying on us. Hence the nickname idiot"

"It totally is spying on us though. One time i was telling my sister i wanted McDonald's and then i got an offer from uber eats for a discount"

"Just don't tell Jack your a conspiracy theorist" Angela laughs

Registering that someone said his name, Jack spun around and made his way onto the platform to greet the new girl standing with his crush.

"Hey, I'm Jack Hodgins" he said mixing some chemicals.

"I know." Sera said recognising him from the day before.

"Sera? Oh hey i didn't realise it was you. Oh my god are they cupcakes?" He exclaimed excitedly.

"Yeah, here you go i don't know where to put them" she said embracing him in a hug. After explaining to Angela how they knew one another, Sera realised she had to get a tour and her lab coat. Running to Cam's office she three her hair up into a bobble and nearly crashing into a tall man.

"Woah woah woah. Hold up there. This is a federal investigation into a murder. I think i passed a school trip on the way up here" He said, genuinely believing she was a high school student.

"Oh you're Booth right. Hi I'm Sera, the new intern, I'm so sorry i forgot i had to get a tour and my lab coat." She hurriedly explained.

"Oh okay of you go then. Nice meeting you i guess." He said watching her run off.

~~TIME SKIP~~

"So how was your first day Sera" Jack asked as they dangled their elgs of the catwalks above the main lab.

"It was....interesting? I think" she said thinking back to how she cleaned someone's dead body.

"Well, working here is interesting so I'd get used to it." He jumped up from his seat on the floor. "Come on get up we are going somewhere" Jack announced offering her his hand.

"Where are we of too then" She questioned, taking his hand and pulling her up.

~~BELOW THEM IN THE LAB~~

"20 dollars says end of month" Booth calls putting $20 in the tub.

"Nope more than that" Angela comments. "2 weeks max"

"You're on" he announces

A.N.

Hey, do you guys like this story?
If you have any feedback comment or message me.

730 words