22

In the lab, later that day. 

'1263 bone fragments and ive checked every single one of them.' Fisher sighed looking at the remains. 

'The only cause of death we found is on the squamous temporal bone.' Seraphina finished for him. 

'The localised staining would be consistent with blunt force trauma.' Cam said.

'Except theres no sign of it on the skull.' Fisher opposed.

'Then it must have been caused by a ruptured aneurysm.' Their boss stated.

'Which would make her death an accident.' Seraphina concluded.

'Our search for a villain would ultimately be a cry for justice in an unjust world.' Fisher said solemnly.

'But an accident wouldnt account for the elevator or the semen, would it?' Finn questioned. 

'No it wouldn't. I should have found that earlier.' Fisher began, 'Dr. Brennans gonna fire me isn't she.I guess when i was trying to see the metaphorical sun i totally forgot that the chances of survival in an unfriendly cosmos-' 

'Have you considered prozac, Mr. Fisher?' Cam interrupted. 

'I'm already on it.' 

'Then double your dose.' The doctor instructed 'cos your bringing me down and thats hard to do because i have worked with death for years now and your making that look like good times, so get it  together, eyeore.' 

Seraphina mentally facepalmed at her collegues rant, asking herself why she even puts up with the insanity of her coworkers. She was suddenly pulled out of her daydream as Dr. Brennan walked in, pulling on some rubber gloves and asking them what they found while she was out surveing the crime scene, again. 

'An aneurysm.' Cam answered Brennan pointing at the staining on the womans skull. 

'It should've been causedby trauma to the ectocranial surface-' 

'But there was no sign of trauma at all' Seraphina piped up from behind Fisher. 

'Very good Mr. Fisher, Miss Adelaide.' Brennan said, examining the skull herself. 

Pulling the camera towards the skull, Dr. Brennan zoomed in to the stained area of bone.

'What do you see here?' She asked the two interns. 

'Two tiny punctures approximately-' 

'Seven millimeters apart' Fisher interrupted his collegue. 

'Hey i was getting there' Seraphina complained. 

'You still think we are good after that?' Fisher questioned his boss.

'To be honest we shouldv'e seen that suring our inspections.' Finn berated herself. 

'You still found the hemorrhagic staining that brought us here, did you not?' Cam questioned. 

'But what caused them?'  Fisher asked, a hint of annoyance at himself laced in his voice.

'Snake fangs? Eastern pipestrelle bat? A vampire?' Seraphina laughed at herself.