Chapter 24

Crystal

Jess and I are going on a date tonight. Right now I'm getting ready to go shopping with Jayla and Emily. I have already gotten Em ready.

Soon enough I found an outfit, I chose a burgundy sweatshirt and paired it with white pants and sneakers. I grabbed my white purse-bag, and then packed it with both things for me and Emily.

Jess has already gone to work, he also won't tell me what were doing for the date. I picked up Emily from the bed, then trudged down the stairs with her in my arms. I then went to the front door and grabbed my keys that sat on the little table by the door.

>>>>>>>>>>

I had met Jayla in the mall's parking lot then we headed through the doors, entering the busy mall.

"Where should we go 1st?" Jayla asked as she surveyed the mall.

"Ummmm.... How about Darling Ash?" I asked. I was glad I had brought Em's stroller with me or else I would be struggling. She was good as long as she wasn't hungry and she had some sort of entertainment which was where her Ipad handily came in.

"Sure, they have nice jewellery," she says, smiling brightly at the idea of jewellery. We walk over to the store hand in hand. "Ooo, lwok at all the pwetty clothes," Emily says as her eyes wander over the different things.

We laugh lowly at her fondness. "I don't know what to wear, he told me nothing about what we're doing," I softly groan in frustration. "Crysie, don't stress, he told me the basics of your date so I could make sure your fat ass is not stressing," Jayla says, rubbing my shoulders. I roll my eyes and softly push her away.

"Awesome, I can go kick my feet up and drink champagne while you go find me a jaw-dropping outfit for tonight," I say sarcastically.

She takes Emily's stroller out of my hands and begins to push it along, looking through different items. I lag behind them. "Come on C, we don't have all day," Jayla says. I don't respond but catch up. "We should've gotten coffee, I need energy," I say lowly.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

We went to 2 more stories after Darling Ash, now we are walking through the doors of the 4th store of today. Walking into the store my eyes caught on a mustard, bright yellow jumper dress. I walked over to it quickly, taking it from the rack.

I looked over to Jayla to see she was already looking at me. "Can I wear it?" I say voicing my thoughts. "You would look so good in that," Jayla says.

>>>>>>>>>

"You look beautiful, love," Jess tells me as I step off the last step of the stairs. "Thank you, baby, you look handsome," I say as I walk toward him.