Chapter 1

Present day

Crystal

       I'm on the phone with Jayla, I told Emily. I gotta go Jayla I need to take Emily to school, bye. I hung up the phone and went upstairs, I had already bathed Emily. Let's get you dressed sweetheart, Aunty Jayla will pick you up this afternoon, after school, because I'm working  a little later at the hospital today I have a lot of clients today but I promise I will get home before bedtime.

       After dropping of Emily at school today I went straight to work. When stepped through the doors of the hospital I went straight up to the receptionist desk sighed myself in and went on my way to see my first patient.

        Through out the day I had 27 patients. The 26th one though came into ER with a broken leg. She was a girl though and she was really nice. We're letting her stay for a week. My shift was over 8:15 and I got home 8:30 with a little traffic. When I got home I saw Jayla and Emily on the couch watching TV, she must have showered already because she's wearing pink princess pyjamas. When she saw me she got up and ran towards me screaming mommy. I smiled and picked her up holding her in my arms. Her bed time is 9:15 so that should give me a little time to shower and get ready, so headed to my room to get ready.

           I came out wearing my favourite gray night wear

           I came out wearing my favourite gray night wear. I told Emily it was time to take her daily vitamins and get settled into bed. When she was finished Emily, Jayla and I want to Emily's room. She ran and flopped onto her bed then I turned on the night lamp, because she doesn't like to sleep in the dark, tucked her in and started reading her book for tonight. About 10 minutes later she was fast asleep so me and Jayla step out of the bedroom and went into the living room to talk. I thanked her for taking care of her while I was working later than usual. Something has been on my mind since seeing by 26th patient I told Jayla. She asked," What happened? Do you know her? Is she from college or highschool?" I told her it was none of those. I said she reminds me a bit of Emily. Do you think you know who has a sister?" well I don't know. Have you seen any family for her there?" She said. No, I have seen any family member or anyone that looks like they could be related to her. She has green eyes like his but her hair is a darker blond than his. "What happened to her?" Said Jayla. She has a broken leg, we're keeping her for a week. Maybe a family member or members will come look for her, but I'll keep an eye on her. She's really nice though and me and her get along quite well. I think she has a liking towards me.

Next day

     I got up and me and Emily got ready for the day. After school she gets dropped off at a centre. It's a good place. They help the kids with homework, they have fun and they feed them. My work usually ends at 6:20 when I'm not working later. Today just 15 patients are on the schedule. Before my luch break I checked on the girl I found out her name is Cindy Cole. Well it's not like I know his full name anyway, I only the name ' Jay ' which he gave me, he was so drunk I don't think he even remembered his name. I went searching for him a week after I found out I was pregnant, but no one knew who 'Jay' was. I don't regret giving birth to Emily, she's an intelligent, incredible, kind, sweet and funny little girl. My little girl. My little chicken nugget. I love her.

2 Days Later

       I went to check on Cindy today and when I entered the room my mouth went dry when I saw who was in the room with her. I haven't seen him since he knocked me up in college. I doubt he recognizes me, he was pretty junk when shit happened. I would never forget his face. Emily has his blond hair but it's curly like mine, she has my olive skin, and she has his green eyes, they pretty much looks the same. I went over to Cindy and we started talking and she introduced me to him, her brother, Jess better yet 'Jay' Cole. I gave him a cold hello and finished my conversation with Cindy. When we were finished I walked out of the room, i had other people to examine.

          After I picked up Emily and we went home, I showered Emily made dinner then I called Jayla to tell her what happened. She asked me if I'm gonna tell him. I told her I'm not sure yet and that I don't even know if I even want to acknowledge him.

2 weeks later

            Jayla, Emily and I went to Whole Foods to by groceries. Emily and Jayla went to the  ice cream section to to pick out chocolate ice cream and popsicles. I went to the fruit isle to get some strawberries, pineapples and some other fruits. I was walking looking at the fruits when I bumped into him 'Jay'. I went stiff for like a millisecond. I noticed he was wearing black Jean's and a buttoned up shirt. I calmed down and said sorry my tone was cold. He said, " Hi, aren't you the doctor from like 2 weeks ago?" I said yes with a small smile. I couldn't hold it anymore so I asked him if he remembered me from almost 5 years ago. He was quiet then he answered no. Then I said you don't remember the girl you knocked up at a college party 5 years ago. " Knocked up?" He said. Knocked up I confirmed. Just in that moment Emily came running and saying " mommy we got the ice cream. " He looked as if he just saw a ghost, I'm sure he sees the resemblance. "Okay let's go baby,"I said. He held my wrist stopping me from going but he didn't say a word, so I said here I'll give you my number and name, you can call me I said reaching for a piece of paper in my purse. I wrote my name and number and gave him the paper. I then walked off with Emily and Jayla.

Jess

   The beauty handed me the piece of paper then walked away with the little girl and another woman whom I'm assuming is her friend. I'm still stunned, I'm allowing myself to soak in the words she just said. I have a daughter? I have a daughter. The woman has long black curly hair, blue eyes and olive skin. She looks beautiful.  The little girl has back length curly blond hair the same shad of mine with green eyes like me and olive skin like her mother. I snapped out of my trance and went to purchase the food I had.

     When I got home all I could think about was the girl and the women I had just met. The girl did look like me. I was probably junk when I got her pregnant because I find it hard to believe I forgot such a beautiful woman like her. I have had many flings and one-night stands but I've only had 2 girlfriends in my 24 almost 25 years of life. The last girlfriend I had cheated on me with one of my cousins, whi envy me. I'm  the CEO of Cole industries. I own many business. The woman is a doctor. I looked in my pants pocket and took out the paper. I looked at it it said her name is Crystal Mayers. I then saved the number she gave me in my phone.

       I called Jeremy, A guy from my tech-research department. I told him to get me information on Crystal Mayers, he then said he'll send me the info in about 15 - 30 minutes.

Crystal

      We went back to my house after we checked out. It was a Friday night so we decided to get some snacks, and basically have a girls night.