chapter 8

Crystal

           When we were in the car it was dead silent. I was angry  at him, he had no right to do that although I'm glad he helped but I'm fully capable of kicking his ass. I spent three years up until junior year in highschool learning karate.

             A few minutes when we were on the road he asked me for directions to my house breaking the thick tension in the air. I don't know what his problem is, he and I aren't even a thing. Sure he's the father of my daughter, but he isn't much more.

   Emily doesn't even know that he's her dad. I'm thinking of telling her soon, once I know more about Jess and he and Emily gets closer. I think we'll bring her somewhere nice and tell her there.

      When we got to my house he parked the car and sighed, his anger is now gone. I opened the door and came out then closed it and walked up to my door but before I could reach my door I felt him grab me by the arm and spun me around ti face him.

     I - he started but I cut him off. I told him that it was okay and not to di it again then sighed, opened my door, walked inside and close it in his face. I stood by the door long enough to hear him curse under his breath but I herd it.

Jess

         When she closed the door in my face I knew she was still upset. I just couldn't stand there and touch what is mine. Hold up, did I just call her mine.

       I walked back to my car and sat in the seat. I just sat there for a while, pictures of Crystal flowing through my mind.

        My mind wondered to my friends. I knew I wouldn't hear the end of it.

~2 weeks later ~

  Jess

               It's been two weeks since me and Crystal have had a whole conversation. When I look for Emily, she just says no more that three sentences. I think she's distancing herself from me. Today Emily is going to meet my friends. I think they'll love her.

      After I picked Emily up from Crystal's house we went to my house, all my friends are there waiting to see her. It's the weekend so Emily is staying with me. I took her out of the car seat and grabbed her bag then we went inside.

      Everyone was sitting on my couch in the living room even the other kids were their, I'm taking her to see my mim tomorrow though. I walked over to the couch with Emily still in my arms and her bag. They smiled at her and introduced themselves one by one.

   Once everyone introduced themselves she said hi shyly, I placed her on a spot on the couch beside kira and Taylor. She looked up at Kira and smiled then said she liked her eyes and hair, with that I leave her with them and went to her bedroom to put away her bag.

      After putting away her bag I went back to the living room. When I entering the room I herd Emily laugh she was playing with the adults and kids. I smiled seeing that she was getting along with them.

     She completely forgot about me at this point and was talking to Kira I think she had taking a liking to Kira, maybe it was because she had kids so she knew how to handle them.

  After a few hours we said our goodbyes then it was time for me to make Emily dinner then get her ready for bed.

     After she was finished eating I gave her a bath and know I was tucking her into bed. She asked I'd she could face time her mother and I said yes. I then went for my phone. I got back into the room and looked for her mum in contacts then I click face time. She answered on the third ring, when she came into view she looked a bit dazed but I didn't pay much attention.

     I passed the phone to Emily and she smiled as she said Mommy. As Crystal was talking to Emily I herd a few noises in the background, so I hopped in bed with Emily and watched as she talked to Crystal.

     A few seconds later I saw something move in the background as she was going to end the call. I looked at her suspiciously before I realised a muscular hand touch her but before I could say anything she had ended the call.

I was beyond livid. I don't want another man to touch her. She's mine and only mine.

Crystal

      For the past week and a half I've been seeing this man called Brent. I haven't got together or even kissed anyone since I found out I was pregnant. I wasn't going to have sex with brent I haven't known him long enough to do that.

     I don't let male figures could romantically be involved with because I don't want Emily to get attached.

     When Jess called we started kissing a few seconds pryer. I didn't know he was going to calm, before he did Brent was going to leave and he kissed me, I was still in shock.