6: a new day, a new problem, and a new Ally

(Narrative POV)

It's been a few days and parts of the class tried to interact with Kokuyōseki, but from what she could gather, very few of them were people she could tolerate.

Tsu being one of them. In her opinion, she was thankful that she didn't pry into her personal life.

Uraraka was nice to talk to. She admired how she was happy even if she had financial problems, and kept forward into her future to become a hero.

She actually, and surprisingly, gets along well with Koda. At first he was terrified of her, but once they both actually sat down next to each other, they found a comfortable silence when she mentioned how she admired his ability to talk to animals.

Those are the few people she actually was able to stay around the longest without getting a headache.

Currently she was on Midoriya's balcony, she found herself there when he was in class, often using it for smoke breaks.

Her attention was brought to the door as she hears it unlock and a familiar seaweed-green haired boy came in. Panicking she burned out the cigarette and hid the box in her jacket pocket. Throwing the bud off the balcony, she walks over to see that Midoriya was peeking in her nest, a.k.a his closet.

"Lookin' for something, broccoli boy?"

Her sudden voice scared him.

"Gah! I- where—"

She walked over to the confused and startled teen, cringing at her shortness without her boots.

"Dear god, you scared me there! I thought you were taking one of your naps!"

Something Midoriya noted was that Kokuyōseki loved napping, and learned the hard way not to disturb her in that state because that's when she'll go into a defensive attack mode before she recognizes her surroundings.

"Nah, I was just on the balcony, I sometimes like to look at the view and think"

With that she sat on the bed while he started his homework at his desk.

"Makes sense, also what do you mean calling me broccoli boy? What happened to zu-zu??"

He wanted to keep up small talk. In all honesty her personality perplexed him and he thinks of it as something to listen to while he does activities like homework, studying, writing hero notes, things like that. He was always good at double tasking.

"Who said I could only give you one nickname? I spent the whole morning thinking of a list of them, heh."

Her prideful and victorious smile falters slightly as she looks at her prosthetic leg.. this happens sometimes. She'd be talking or thinking about something else, then her thoughts ever so slightly drift to the topic of her leg, which if thinking about for too long, will have her thinking of her past..

The past..

Oh! That's what she wanted to talk about!

"Hey uh... Zu-Zu?"

The uncertainty in her voice concerned him..