1 | ready to love

The first thing Katsuki does after Kaminari comes home is throwing a fully-filled water bottle his way

The first thing Katsuki does after Kaminari comes home is throwing a fully-filled water bottle his way. Ignoring the other's indignant squawk at the sudden planned homicide attack, Katsuki decided to chuck even more shit at his roommate. Couch pillows, Kaminari's ugly pokemon mini-figure, even a goddamn chair.

Good. Serves him right. Die.

"Ow! What the fuck was that for?" Kaminari yelped as soon as the barrage of attacks eased down. (Keyword: eased down.) The other sighed, setting down the multiple bags of groceries. "And here I thought you've gotten over your temper tantrums.. Hey, is that my fucking mini-figure? What the hell Kacchan!"

Katsuki rolled his eyes, turning his phone to a victim of his glares instead. "I needed someone to blame," he says.

Kaminari raised his eyebrow. "Yeah, no shit. Dude, what happened while I was gone? Did your hearing aids break again?"

He watched as his roommate began tidying up the bought items. There's a groan spilling out of his mouth again for the nth time this day. "Well, guess who accidentally sent the wrong text to whoever the fuck's out there while tryin' to text you about eggs."

"Shit," He saw clearly how Kaminari tried to suppress his laugh. (News flash. He failed.) Closing the fridge with a loud thud, yellow eyes had their complete focus on him now. "It's god's way of saying that you have to save your friends into your contacts," the other says, undeterred despite Katsuki's scowl. "So uh, are you talking to the person right now?"

Katsuki glanced between his phone and laptop, the assignment he'd wanted to do earlier still open and frozen. "Yeah. Guy said his name is Todoroki Shouto. I'm just thinkin' whether I should answer him or not."

And he really shouldn't answer the person, yes, he knows that. He's 20 years old already, for fuck's sake. Though at the same time, Katsuki is somewhat intrigued. He's curious how this stupid ordeal will end up, and what would happen if he keeps humoring the person on the other side of the line. It's a stupid idea, this might be the worst decision he'd ever come to make in his life. And yet --

Yet Katsuki is interested.

Maybe it'll be a one-time fling where he dips out after knowing that the stranger is probably a perverted old man or some shit, but at the same time, maybe he'll get something out of this.

Not a significant other. No, at the very least he'll get a new friend. Since Deku and his mom have been fretting over him to get a more decent social life. (Not that it wasn't bad enough, he had Kirishima and the others.) So again, it wouldn't hurt, right?

"I don't know anyone named Todoroki in my life." Kaminari's thoughtful answer broke him out of his stupor. "Honestly, why not? Just get outta there when it starts going south. Easy as hell, I do that every weekend."

Katsuki scrunched his nose. "You fucking text random strangers every weekend?"

He received a shrug in return.