9 | pretty u

Somewhere around the third month since the uneventful wrong person incident, Katsuki thinks he's dying

It's an awful feeling, he doesn't like how his chest pounds nor the way his throat constricts as there's warmth from absolutely fucking nowhere comes in the shape of a tsunami wave crashing through his insides and making his legs feel like jelly. The worst part of it? He feels like he's floating. What the fuck. He doesn't even do drugs.

This happens on a Saturday morning, right after he'd thrown his phone across the room again after texting, since that somehow turned to a regularly scheduled thing he does.

He groans.

Even if he wanted to run off and tell whatever's happening to him to a friend, that's not possible because Kaminari is off to who knows where, Uraraka is busy participating in a charity event, and Kirishima is always unavailable around this time. And Katsuki doesn't think he has anyone close that's free today, except --

Fuck.

Taking his hearing aids that remained untouched on his table while he endured a whole ass meltdown earlier, Katsuki prepares for the day. A day that he's really, really not looking forward to.

He'll be going to Deku's fucking house.

Now, like what he'd said before, it wasn't like their relationship is still in shambles. Not really, having to spend another 3 years together in high school had incredibly changed their relationship for the better. (Even if Katsuki wouldn't say it out loud.) And they still contact each other rather frequently, either it is out of necessity or just pure willingness. Yet all that aside, Deku is still Deku. There's no way of explaining it because, again, it's just Deku.

To be honest, going to his childhood friend's place here is kind of a good idea knowing how the other chose to major in med school. Maybe he knows how to deal with Katsuki's slow descent to death. If he doesn't, well Katsuki would just have to prepare the bills for his funeral and have Kaminari pay them for him.

And so here he is, knocking at Deku's flat.

The person who answered the door was unfamiliar. He was somewhat of his age, dark blue hair trimmed short and he donned a pair of glasses. Right, he's Deku's roommate who Katsuki had never bothered to remember the name of.

"'M here to see Deku," he says.

"Oh, Midoriya?" Glasses stepped aside to let him in. "He's in his room right now."

Katsuki nods, then he proceeds to bang Midoriya's bedroom door to the point where he's sure it'll fall off the hinges if it weren't for the green-haired man frantically opening the door in an attempt to save it.

"Kacchan?!" The other didn't have his contacts on, meaning that he had nerd glasses full-on display. "Why did you do that?! This one is brand new, don't destroy it again!"