13 | is it still beautiful?

Katsuki feels like shit

Honestly? It's not even a question of why he feels like it. At one point, he was almost tempted to delete Shouto's contact from his phone. He doesn't even care anymore. And that's a lie because he cares, he really does, but now he's falling back to his usual habit of pretending not to give a fuck. Forcing himself to think that none of this matter, and that he should just break contact with it.

He was tempted to, but Katsuki couldn't bring himself to do it.

(Shouto is still someone he thinks about often.)

It's the weekend. How he managed to bullshit through the week while feeling like an utterly miserable shit ended up still being unknown. He hardly pays attention to the questions Uraraka and Kirishima are sending him. He remembers turning off his hearing aids as soon as they'd started asking -- pretending to be so immensely focused in class when in reality he's hearing nothing.

Hey, don't get him wrong. Katsuki loves his friends, he cherishes them because it's a one-time experience and you don't get to meet people who would willingly befriend an asshole every day. Though it's still overwhelming, having people remind you over and over again about what happened before.

All Katsuki wishes -- something that his therapist wouldn't agree on -- is to bury the problem 6 feet underground and move on without fixing it. He's always bad at feelings, always didn't know which path he should take despite being so perceptive of others.

Still, that doesn't erase the awful feeling gnawing on his heart whenever he catches sight of Shouto's contact name.

It's regret, he thinks. Regret how he didn't just stop texting the other when he had the time to, or regret that he even confessed in the first place. Look, if he hadn't done the latter, maybe they would still be talking, instead of being stuck in whatever the fuck this is.

(Shouto still hasn't texted him back.)

Now here he is, laid on his bed with his back slowly sinking to the soft cushions of his mattress and his eyes locked on the ceiling. There's a phone placed haphazardly next to him, right near the edge.

deku
kacchan,,

i hope youre doing ok,
you havent answered
at all,,,,

i swwear i didnt know
about your relationship
with shoucchan

kacchan please dont
invite me to brawl
at a parking lot again
i dont wanna do that
anymore

Notifications were flooding in, not only because of damn Deku -- who he'd been so conveniently ignoring for the past hour -- but also because of the obligatory group chat he had to join.

uraraka
ok theres definitely sth wrong.
ik you dont want us to pry into
your problems, but are you sure
you're alright kats??

kiri
yeah what she said!