2 | do re mi

It was 7

It was 7.45 AM when he stepped foot in class, 15 minutes before the bell rings and the professor comes. Katsuki had always been like that since he was a kid, always arriving quicker than what's scheduled. It gives him somewhat a comfort for his mind. There's something about sitting in an empty classroom that's calming for him. In an empty space with only the morning sun's rays softly oozing through the windows' binds was also where he could take a deep breath before the day truly began.

There are no deafening and boisterous noises here, none that would hurt his already partially destroyed ears. It wasn't like Bakugou Katsuki hated commotions, no, in fact, he's always somewhat to be blamed whenever a particular loud day comes around because dear god his contributions to it were massive.

But again, he likes being in a silent and tranquil place too.

So now, when a certain splash of red and white color appeared in his periphery, Katsuki couldn't help but let a scowl seep into his face.

Obviously, this guy is here.

Obviously, this stupid asshole just had to come a mere 3 minutes after Katsuki and utterly wreck his morning as a whole. And no, he doesn't even know this person's name; because frankly speaking, he doesn't have enough patience to chat with a guy that has the image of wet cardboard as his daily facial expression.

As if realizing the glare pinned on his head, Halfie turned to stare at him. Heterochromatic eyes narrowed his way.

"What?" The other asks.

Katsuki scoffed in his seat. "Did ya really hafta come at this time?"

"Well," He saw how the dual-haired man's eye twitched. Good. At least that arrogant prince facade is gone. "In case your small brain had forgotten, I have class here. So it's not your business on what time I should arrive."

The blond seethed in return. "Well maybe if you hadn't enrolled here to study then you wouldn't meet the so-called small-brained peasant on your way to class, mister high-classed fucking prince."

The other left without saying another word, he took the seat furthest from where Katsuki is. The message is clear, the man is not going to let his animosity go any time soon. It's not like Katsuki cares anyways, like hell would he care about the feelings of a stuck-up brat.

In all honesty, he actually doesn't know what was the first thing that started their hatred between each other. Perhaps they were just not fit for another, who knows. But then again, Katsuki doesn't think that there should be a reason for him to hate the other when Halfie has been an arrogant piece of shit ever since day one.

Slowly but surely, people started arriving and choosing their seats one by one. He idly regarded Kirishima and Uraraka's greeting as they sat beside him. It's not like he wanted to be friends with them by choice, though they still stuck with him no matter how much he tries to shove them away to the point where Katsuki gave up and let them be.

(It was still nice to have friends as cheerful as them, actually. Not that he would say it out loud. You would need to step over his dead fucking body first in order to hear that.)

Just 4 minutes before their morning class started, a message went through Katsuki's phone.

random guy
Katsuki, look.

[LINK ATTACHED]

you
?

He raised an eyebrow. A quick check of the time shows that he has at least 3 minutes left, fair enough. Should be fine to check whatever Shouto sent.

When he clicked on the link, he was instantly greeted with a cat video. It had white fur, big yellow eyes blinked owlishly at the camera, and most importantly, it was so fucking fluffy. The cat didn't seem to be obese, its fur was just big. Like big big.

And shit, Katsuki would be lying if he said it wasn't cute.

(Yes, contrary to popular beliefs, Katsuki does like cute things. It's something lowkey he'd been keeping since he was young 'cause there's no way in hell is he letting his mother know. If she found out about this, god he wouldn't see the light of day again. Every day would be filled with her constant nagging about dolls and Katsuki is not looking forward to that at all.)

you
why is it so big

shit dont take what i
said earlier out of context

random guy
Sorry?

you
fucking

nothing

anyways, why is it so damn
fluffy what does it do for a living
its so unfair

random guy
Right? ^^

His name is Chiffon, I just
found a social media dedicated
for that cat today. Thought I
could share it to you.

you
yeah well thank fuck you did

shes cute

random guy
:) !!!

Would you want me
to send you more of her?

you
yes pls

gimme all ya got

but latr like 2 hours from now,
i got class and i thikn prof is
waitin outside

random guy
Okay.

By the way, Katsuki,
what pronouns should
I use for you?

you
oh me?

he/him is alr.

you?

random guy
Alright.

I use the he/him too.

you
heard ya loud and clear

ok gtg fuckin prof is here

random guy
Sure, see you.

With that, Katsuki promptly turned his phone off and got ready to listen to yet another one of Professor Mic's incredibly rowdy lecture.

He certainly does not regard Uraraka's knowing elbow shove as he went to pocket his phone. He does not. Round Face could either leave her gossips out of this or she'll get pinted head-first to the goddamn sun by Katsuki himself.

"Fuck off," he whispers.

She grinned.

xx.

if its not obvious enough, these arent beta-ed KGDHDJ so, sorry for the grammar mistakes and all!!! english isnt my first language ㅠㅠㅠ

also, the narrative is gonna slowly die down as ill be focusin on texting more -- which is honestly the main aspect of this story tbh i shouldnt override it

anyways, i hope you enjoyed!

a vote or a comment means a lot to me <3