12 | drift away

At this point, Katsuki thinks Shouto hates him

An exaggeration, but he's pretty sure the other holds a mild distaste against him. Who knows, it's been two weeks since his last message and Shouto is nowhere to be seen. Katsuki didn't dare to check if his message was seen or not -- he only relies on notifications, and after 336 hours, he's starting to lose hope.

A part of him, the one that awfully reminds him of his 8 years old self -- all so naive and happy, believes that maybe Shouto was still busy. What if the other had been so caught up with his work and couldn't reply back nor read it. It's stupid sounding, obviously, but it's the thin thread of hope Katsuki is holding onto right now.

However, another part of him, one that suspiciously sounds like his middle school self, believes that Shouto did see it, though he's just too disgusted to reply. Katsuki confessed without warning, without knowing if Shouto has a thing for men or not, so it's understandable if the other probably hates him.

Or, perchance, Shouto does like men too, but he's just unwilling to date someone like him. A brash, rude motherfucker with little to no manners.

God, he really did ruin their friendship. Why the fuck did he decide to do this? This. All of it.

(If only he'd stopped talking with Shouto after he realized he messaged the wrong number.)

Now he's falling far too quick, into a hole that only leads sharpened knives at the bottom of it. And shit, that sounds horrendous.

There's a tug at his heartstrings. There was no warmth beneath his skin like flowers blooming wildly in spring. After spring comes summer, autumn, and eventually, winter, where the sun doesn't quite reach the Earth anymore. A boy kissed by the sun with flames blazing in his eyes runs with no more warmth in him. It's gone, blown together with the last pieces of dusk.

It was cold. A mix of pity and disappointment, a pang of guilt and regret.

Bakugou Katsuki shouldn't have done that.

He shouldn't have.

(Ah. This is the second friendship he had broken in his life. Wow, everyone was right, he's really a prick, isn't he?)

"Dude, you're out of it. You okay?" Kirishima calls him out of his trance, waving a hand to get his attention. "I know you didn't agree to go to this cafe in the first place, but I didn't think you would hate it that much."

They were at a new cafe Uraraka had apparently found online, saying that it was the newest and hottest thing right now. She'd asked him and Kirishima to go out together, which Katsuki had begrudgingly accepted even with his mind in chaos.

He frowns, swatting the hand away from his vision, and began to take a sip from his coffee. All sugar and shit because he forgot to mention he wanted a fully black one. Forgot. That's a new word in his dictionary. "I'm fine Shitty Hair. Go back to talkin' about boy bands with 'Raka."