Chapter 8: Fate

Y/N POV
~A few minutes earlier-
I can't believe I found one of the four elementalists. Killua was in the middle of his fight, but I had to find him. This could be my only chance. I'll find Killua after.
I searched around the crowds, when I finally saw him chatting with another guy who I assumed was a friend. He wore a dark purple long sleeve and black pants. His spiky hair was raven black which complemented his light beige skin.
How do I even approach him?
"Uhh h-hi." I awkwardly said to him, getting his attention.
He turned around and looked at me with no judgment. Now that I was closer to his face I could see he was extremely attractive. His eyes exhibited a dark black color with a tint of a copper brown that illuminated from the lanterns. His eye lashes fluttered flawlessly.

"My name is (Y/N). I-I saw you fighting on the ring. You're an elementalist right? A manipulator? I've never met anyone that was........oh uh besides myself, of course. I manipulate water," I said, unable to form my thoughts properly. I was nervously playing with my hair. This whole situation just made me nervous. He made me nervous.

"You can manipulate water?!" He said in his low, smooth voice. His friend looked shocked as well. "It's an honor to meet you. My name is Kazan. This is my friend, Ryu."

Ryu had light brown hair, dark eyes, and a tan skin tone. He gave off a laid back vibe. "Woah no way!" Ryu said, "pleasure to meet you (Y/N)."

"Nice to meet you both! This is insane. I've been traveling the world with my friend. Never in my wildest dreams would I expect to run into an elementalist!" I said with excitement.

"Well, I guess it's fate then," he said with a smirk and one of his brows raised.

I became evidently flustered with his statement. I looked away to hide my face and saw Killua in the corner of my eye. When I called him over, I introduced him to Kazan and Ryu. Killua seemed uninterested and gave off a bit of attitude. He kept his hands in his pockets and didn't bother to shake their hands when they held it out.

"Uhhh sorry, he's not really a people person," I said trying to make an excuse for him acting immature. I assumed he was mad because I left him. He'll get over it.

"How about we meet each other for dinner tomorrow? I have a few things I have to finish up today," Kazan said.

"Of course!!"
He gave me his number. Maybe I did come off a little too excited, but I had every right to be. Killua, on the other hand, just seemed annoyed. We got back to the hotel room. Our hotel room only had one bedroom, and we decided that I'll stay in the room while Killua sleeps on the couch in the main room.

Killua walked straight to the couch.
"Killua.. I'm sorry I left you."
"Huh?"
"Back at the ring. I should have waited for you."
"Oh. Yeah." He said, not making eye contact.
"Don't be mad at me," I said as I made a pouty face at him and pinched his cheeks.
"Hey quit it!" He said trying to face the other direction.
"Goodnight grumpy," I playfully said to him and gave him a hug. I felt his body tense up for a second.
He scoffed and put the blanket over his head.

~The next day-
I was getting ready to meet Kazan and Ryu for dinner.
"Killua, are you coming with me?"
"Duh I don't know these people and I'm not leaving you with them alone," he sneered.

We walked to the restaurant. It wasn't anything fancy. It was a small burger joint called Koi Burger.
I talked about my upbringing to Kazan and Ryu. Killua stayed silent eating his food the entire time.
"So does this guy talk? Or only when he gives attitude" Ryu said, referring to Killua. Killua looked up and gave him the deadliest look. His look changed the entire vibe of the table we sat in. Killua's aura became dark and scary. I never witnessed him act like this before.

I tried to break the heaviness. "Killua just needs to warm up to you is all," I said nervously waving my hands infront of me.
Killua immediately stood up and left. "(Y/N), I'll be outside. I'll wait for you." His voice was low and intense.
I sighed. "Sorry guys I-"
"Don't apologize, Ryu can rub people the wrong way sometimes with his terrible jokes." Kazan said.
"Hey! My jokes aren't terrible..... but fine. Tell ya friend that I'm sorry." Ryu apologized.
Ryu wasn't a bad guy, he's only someone who likes to mess with people, but I can see how people would get annoyed.

"(Y/N), you told me you traveled mostly to train to get better? Maybe I can help you train for your water abilities. I know I use fire, but it might be similar in the way we use it with nen." Kazan said.
"Yes! I would love that!" I said.
We decided to leave earlier than usual because Killua was waiting for me outside.
Killua stayed silent the entire walk back to the hotel.

~The next morning~
We decided to go to the local library on this island. It was a nice library. We tried to find as many books as we could about elementalists. According to the books, we figured out that it was true: there are only 4 elementalists in the world. They are fire, water, earth, and air manipulators. They are born with these abilities because they are presumed to be reincarnations. For example, when an air manipulator passes away, that same soul goes into another new born baby and so on. That's why elementalists are considered special. Not many people know about elementalists. They provide balance to the world, but they are not like celebrities or anything, just another wondrous mystery of this world. We are one. All the elementalists are connected.

It seems that fate really is what brought Kazan and I together after all.