12 - While we're young

"I'll go everywhere you go. You know I'll go. I'll go." – While we're young by Jhene Aiko

" – While we're young by Jhene Aiko

Friday, July 5th, 2013

11:30 PM

I think I just had an orgasm.

I just had a very intense, pleasurable feeling throughout my body. The last time I checked, that's what an orgasm is. Google it.

... or could it just be love at first sight? Lust at first sight?

My steps lagged as something majestic snatched my attention and captured my eye. I craned my neck to the right and took three slow and calculated steps toward the object of my affection.

Displayed behind a gigantic glass window was a headless mannequin clad in a dress I'd willingly trade one of my organs for. My pupils dilated, taking in as much of the beautiful dress as they could. My memory storage unit freed up some space to take a mental photograph and store it for later on- when I would require a perfect outfit for one of my pre-sleep fantasies.

An ankle-length, silky, emerald green dress with a cowl neck, spaghetti straps, and a side split that stretched way above the knee called out my name. She begged me to rescue her from the eyes of the world and take her home with me.

The bright lighting of the store made the silk look like it was shining. The dress hugged the perfect figure of the mannequin perfectly, snatching her in all the right places. My eyes rolled in pleasure- Intense pleasure. Tell me that's not an orgasm? I dare you.

Well, scratch that, I don't know. I can't know. I've never orgasmed before. TMI?

Matching the color of the dress with envy, I crossed my arms over my chest and glared at the beautiful apparel. If only I were skinny enough to pull it off.

"May, can you not hear me?" my mom's distressed voice echoed.

"Oh my god," I gasped, as I uncrossed my arms and brought the phone back to my ear. "Sorry momma." I had completely forgotten I was on the phone with my mom. That was how alluring the dress was.

"What are you doing? Are you busy?"

"Oh," I looked around the luxurious mall. "Um, no. I'm not busy. Why?"

"Nothing." My mom replied with a tinge of irritation clear in her voice. "So, your ankle? It's healed nicely? Right?"

Forcing my eyes to take a break from their eye-gasm, I glanced at my brace-covered ankle. "Oh, yes. They're healing perfectly." The only reason I wore my ankle brace was that I sort of over-exerted it the other night when I ran after Noah when he went to give Nick a... piece of his mind.

"Oh, that's good to hear. How about school? Is it going well?"

School, school. That word sounded familiar. My eyes followed the slopes and curves of the matte black mannequin. "Uh, yeah." I said absently as I pressed my hand to the window, my eyes wide open and my breath fogging up the glass.