Chapter 18

GENESIS

Sebastian’s words should comfort me but I can’t help the gut-twisting nervousness.

I’ve spent my whole life working toward being an Alpha. The first-ever female Alpha. A female Alpha of a Prime 10 pack. I’m fully aware of what is at stake if I fail.

When Trent appears in my office, his playful demeanor from his arrival is gone and replaced with total seriousness.

Good. If he wasn’t going to take my assessment seriously then for sure I have every intention of kicking him and his horny Epsilons off my lands.

He has also changed out of his casual shirt & jeans into gray slacks and a blue button-down shirt that enhances his large chest and biceps. He is just a big as Sebastian and I’m reminded that Trent is Alpha of the second biggest pack in the Prime 10, bigger than Crystal Moon.

For all his cheek and playfulness, when it comes to his job as Alpha, Trent takes his role with utter seriousness and is a highly trained and respected leader. It’s one of the reasons no one has ever challenged him over his sexual preferences. He’s so good at his job it doesn’t even register on the radar. I admire the fuck out of him and am really glad to have him here and on my side. He was a rule breaker even before I was.

Trent seats himself into the chair opposite my desk with Sebastian on the sofa behind him at the back of my office.

“Alpha Neo, as you are aware I am here as a representative of the Prime 10 Council to assess your competence as future Alpha of Crystal Moon pack. Although your pack has accepted you as Alpha and your father has already transitioned you to the role, the Council cannot approve your formal ascension until after the Alpha Assessment.

It is a formality that I advise you that I will be assessing your Provider capabilities and you may accept or decline my presence as your assessor, however, if you do decline me, the Prime 10 cannot guarantee that another assessor will be available until after the next Annual Council Forum. Do you understand?” Trent’s formality makes it clear he is here for business.

“Thank you Alpha Trent, I understand and accept you as my assessor.” I reply.

“Excellent. Your assessment officially begins tomorrow morning. All interactions over the next three days will be on record. I note that your mate, Alpha Sebastian, is present and is welcome to stay during the assessment however is not permitted to assist you in any specific tasks or tests that may be conducted during the assessment. Alpha Sebastian, do you understand?”

“Yes, I understand,” Sebastian replies from behind Trent, his tone also serious and somewhat guarded.

“OK, let’s get down to business. There are three aspects of the Provider Assessment we will cover over the next three days.

First is a comparative assessment of the pack’s finances, health and education facilities from the prior Alpha’s time to your time. Second is a personal assessment of your individual competence with includes a mental health evaluation as well as an examination of your education and skill. The third is an assessment of your wolf’s hunting skills.

During the three days, I will also speak to individual pack members to gauge their opinions of your provider capabilities. The results of this assessment will not be available until the other two assessments by Alpha Hans and Alpha Dante are complete, at which time if you pass all three assessments you may complete your ascension. Do you have any questions?”

I already knew the general format of the assessment having had it already explained to me by both my father and Sebastian.

“I’m assuming that all information we share is confidential and will not be disclosed beyond our discussions.”