Chapter 35

SEBASTIAN

Being stabbed by a wolfsbane-infused silver dagger and almost dying is decidedly easier to handle than the ten minutes I’ve been standing here watching Genesis pace my office.

Near-death is certainly more pleasant. There’s nothing like a less than enthusiastic response to a proposal to seriously destroy the male ego.

Finally, she stops pacing and walks back to me.

I catch my breath and wait. I’m not game to speak at this point. Zeke is threatening to kidnap Genesis into the woods if she turns us down and I have to hush his panic.

She stands before me looking me straight in my eyes.

I see determination and decisiveness. Whatever she’s decided it’s final. I’ve never been so nervous in my life, my heart is hammering so hard the scar tissue from my wound hurts.

“I am the Alpha of Crystal Moon,” she says and I nod my heart sinking.

“I am also, by the mate bond bestowed upon us, your mate, and by extension Luna of Blood Stone.” I catch my breath as she reaches forward and takes my hand.

“The last thing my father said to me before he died was a huge wake-up call for me. He told me that everything I have done since the Sunset run I’ve done with my eyes wide open. He was right.” She sighs deeply and continues

“Lyka may have played a large part in it me letting you claim me, but I knew for years you were my mate. I kept tabs on you, I knew you would be at the Mating Festival this year, and I knew, deep down, that if you came to claim me I would accept you.”

My heart begins pounding a staccato.

“In every way since then, I have accepted you and so I accept your offer to Ascend as Luna of Blood Stone.”

The relief and joy exploding inside me brings me to my knees.

I grab her waist burying my face in her chest.

“Thank you, my love,” I whisper into her soft breasts, unable to form a coherent sentence from the emotion choking me.

“I’m not done love,” she says stroking my hair and I smile. Damn, she called me love. Finally.

“Anything babe, I can handle anything,” I say still buried in her breasts and the sweet scent I find as I nuzzle deeper.

“We are going to sit down and make a plan on how we are going to realistically manage two packs okay?”

“Love I’m here for the long haul, we will find a way as long as we are in it together. So, are we good, my love, my Luna?” I look up into her beautiful crystal blue eyes.

“Not quite, actually, I do have one last thing but you better get up and sit down, you on your knees is too distracting.”

I chuckle and nuzzle her boobs again before getting up and sitting on the sofa.

“OK so what is this last thing,” I emphasize running my hand over her nape, sweeping my fingers over my mark on her neck, feeling her shiver.

Goddess, she needs to hurry up. I need to fuck her and soon.

“Okay, the Luna Accession ceremony,” she says and I feel her sudden nervousness. I can guess what she’s thinking but I’m not going to press her on this. Once again, the decision has to be hers.

“The accession has to be on the full moon which is three days.”

I can only nod. As usual, any mention of the full moon has Zeke going straight to tying the knot and getting crazy horny in my head. My cock just agrees with him. I’m doing my best to keep it in my pants but it’s getting ridiculous.