Chapter 32

GENESIS

The next three weeks go by in a blur. Never in my life had I been under such pressure.

On one hand, I had an additional hundred wolves on my land helping with rebuilding, so my days were filled with approving plans, managing finances, and monitoring the well-being of my wolves.

On the other hand, I was also keeping track of the reconnaissance teams that were out scoping the eight minor packs.

Keeping this mission from the rest of the Council while playing along with their original plan to prepare for a full moon battle was difficult, to say the least.

We also lost another three critically wounded she-wolves, but the rest made excellent recoveries.

My niece Astrid became a permanent fixture at the hospital and then when the final she-wolf was discharged she stayed on helping where she could around the pack.

Sebastian had to leave to deal with the Mikato issue that couldn't wait any longer, plus his brother Mateo had a birthday he had promised to throw for him.

We kept in touch via mind-link and face time, but as the first week rolled into a second, loneliness crept in, and I was even more grateful for Astrid's company.

With a week to go to the full moon another two hundred warrior wolves from the Prime 10 packs arrived and began preparations for battle. Sebastian, Blaze, and I decided it was best to keep going ahead with this course in case we were not successful with our secondary plan.

The workload increased, managing housing, food, and the occasional fights that broke out. My she-wolves were mostly at fault as they went a little psycho with all the fresh male meat on the ground. Seems like sex became the perfect healing tool and there was plenty of that going around.

I was watching over the fast-progressing construction of the new packhouse when my phone rang. Seeing Blaze's number I walk away from the foreman into the woods to take the call.

"Hi Blaze," I say. It had been a week since I last heard from him. He was leading one of the eight teams on the ground.

"Do you have plans for Thursday night?" he asks, and my heartbeat picked up.

"No, I have no plans. What do you want to do?" I respond

"How about a late lunch at 3 pm," he replies

"Sounds good, I'll see you then." I hang up.

Breaking down his message, the coordinated kidnappings would happen tomorrow, Wednesday at 3 am.

Love, did Blaze contact you. Sebastian links me.

Hey, yes he did. The cells are ready to receive the Alphas.

Good. Look I'm sorry I've been away longer than I expected, I'm just dealing with some things here but I plan to be there on Thursday, I want to be there when the fuckers are brought in.

I smile happily.

I can't wait to see you. I say trying not to sound as needy as I feel.

Me too babe, it's been too long and my right hand hurts like a bitch.

I laugh out loud sending a flock of birds in the trees flying up in fright.

I'm sure we can fix the problem when you get here, don't be late Alpha.

I hear him growl before he shuts down the link.

***

When the first sharp, piercing pain burned across my face, I knew immediately something bad had happened to Sebastian.