Chapter 28: The news

------------------Percy's pov--------------------

"And then he really had the audacity to still hit on me!" Thalia threw her hands up in the air with her eyes wide open as if this was the most shocking thing in the world. For the past thirty minutes she had just been describing everything a male had done since the last time we talked. 

I looked around the dinner table to see the other hunters just shaking their heads, their noses scrunched up as they seemed to think about it. I almost felt bad for not reacting in a similar manner. 

Thalia took a deep breath as she calmed down before looking back up at me. "So, what's been happening with you lately?" She asked as she stuck her fork into some pasta. 

"Oh you know... the usual" I waved my hand around in the air to try and prove that it really was nothing. Suddenly I heard a small laugh from behind me. I looked back and nearly let out a groan as I saw who it was. 

"Oh yeah, the usual" Piper said with a smile. I turned back to see Thalia with a mischievious grin they seemed to make eye contact before Piper got up from the Aphrodite table, already looking through her phone.  "Apparently Percy's usual is hanging out with Gotham's biggest playboy's son." She turned her phone around to reveal a picture of me and Tim walking in the deserted area of the garden. I looked to be smiling as Tim just looked down at me, a content look on his face. 

I turned to Thalia only to see a deadpanned face. 

"Is this why you won't join the hunters?" She raises an eyebrow and I immediately felt my face heat up.

"No! I just don't want to. Simple as that. If I wanted immortality I would have taken it." Thalia rolled her eyes before they landed on Piper. I managed to catch her shaking her head in a 'no' fashion before she caught me looking and quickly turned back to his table just as Jason joined her.

"Alright, so what's his name? I just want to have a chat with him" Thalia said, cracking her knuckles which released a loud popping noise. 

"Whoa, slow down tiger. I trust him. Plus there's nothing to talk to him about" Thalia gave me 'are you serious' look. 

"so you wear a dress for everyone now?" 

"I wore it cause I was invited to a nice event! Plus Piper made me!" Thalia nodded slowly before eating her pasta again. Something told me she wasn't believing me. 

------------------------------------------------

The rest of the dinner was filled with plans on where the hunters were heading next, and the occasional insult. By the time we were finished the hunters had moved on to their cabin and I was left to my own devices. 

I wandered around before I inevitably reached where I always end up. The beach. I smiled as I heard the crunch of the sand beneath my feet. 

I quickly leaned down and took off my socks and shoes, carrying them as I walked closer to the water. When I reached the water I let it run over my feet, immediately I felt calmer as the cool water rushed past me. I sat down, the water rushing around me before getting pulled back. I willed for only my feet to get wet as I looked out over the sea. 

I could hear kids yelling behind me as the pavilion started to empty out. Though I also heard the sound of footsteps approaching. I didn't look back as it probably was some campers messing around. 

At least that was what I thought until I felt a small hand tug my shirt around my shoulder. I quickly looked back to see a small girl with long brown hair and bright green eyes. She had a big smile and a paper in her other hand. 

"Hello Ms.Percy!" She gave me a radiant smile as she let go of my shirt, instead using her hand to wave. 

"Hello, who might you be?" I asked, turning around to face her. 

"I'm Nora! I just wanted to give you this!" She quickly held out a drawing, this one was of blackjack, though he looked to be flying over the ocean. I smiled as I took it gently. 

"Thank you!" I put my hand up and ruffled her hair lightly which received a giggle. "I'll make sure to hang this up when I get home" She nods before running back to an older camper who I hadn't noticed before. I watched them both walk away. 

"You know it hurts that my little sister is more popular then me. I have yet to receive any fan mail, well except the weird kind." I quickly turned to the other side to see Triton with a sad face, well more sarcastically sad. Must run in the genes. 

"Well I am better then you sooo" I stretched the word out as his ad face turned to one that I can only describe as being over it. 

"Har har, you know its all fun and games until I choose not to tell you what the results were. You would have to suffer in secrecy for the rest of your life." Triton said, crossing his arms in front of his torso with a smug look making its way onto his face. 

"But you wouldn't do that to your loving sister who you love so dearly" I batted my eyes as I gave him my patented baby seal eyes. 

"You can't do that! It's cheating!" He quickly turned away but the damage was already done. I put on a smile as he slowly turned back around, a begrudging look as he sighed. 

"Fine. But it's not because of the eyes, it's because I'm such a good brother" it sounded more like he was trying to convince himself then me. "I'm sorry" his face turned more upset and I could feel my heart start to drop. "But they said you could tell your boyfriend, but how will you tell him, woe is you" I smiled as he playfully placed his hand over his forehead like he was in a cheesy soap opera. 

I pushed him slightly as he started to chuckle. 

"you shoulda seen your face, you looked all sad for a minute, it was actually quite funny." His smile was massive.

"Oh yeah, make fun of my pain. I'm sure dad will be happy to hear of that." I watched as he rolled his eyes. 

"you wouldn't tell him"

"watch me" I quickly pretended like I was reaching into my pocket for a drachma. 

"wait! I'm sorry" He mumbled the last part but I think that was the best I was getting.

"I forgive you." I patted him on the back lightly. 

He sighed before standing up. "As much as I'd love to continue this witty banter I have things I gotta attend to." He dusted the sand off of him. "I'll see you later, also tell your boyfriend I said hi" He walked off as he waved. 

"He's not my boyfriend!"

"You didn't correct me earlier! so as far as I'm concerned he is!!" He didn't give me time to rebuke his statement as he disappeared into the water. 

He is such a godly pain. 

-----------------------------------------------------

1221 words