Chapter 51: Cards

—————————-Percys POV:——————————-

"How many days are we supposed to be here anyways?" A foreign voice said from somewhere around me. The person's voice was gruff and tired, almost like he'd smoked 25 packs of cigarettes before he got here.

"I'm not too sure, I swear the boss is getting crazier and crazier, I heard we're doing this because of a floating orb! I mean come on, we gonna start taking orders from a talking goat next?" The men continued to grumble but I couldn't help but just want them to shut up.

I stirred from my sleep as my eyes opened. I was in a new place now, the walls were still stone but now there was a door and a window. The door seemed to lead to the other side of the window. On that side was a lab of sorts, I could see two guards walking around, their guns matching their outfits of being colorful and over the top. I wouldn't be surprised if they made the "pew pew" noise when shot.

I once again tried to pick myself off the ground but found that I couldn't, my limbs were as stiff as boards and my legs felt like they were a hundred pounds each. I could only barely twitch my fingers. I tried to sense around for water but found none once again. I could see liquids in the lab but something seemed to be blocking me from moving them.

I had to move. Something told me that if I didn't move soon I would be in big trouble. I tried to move my arms again, this time persisting. After a couple minutes of straining my arms I felt something almost crack as they began to follow my command again. I felt a small smile come to my face as I pushed myself off the ground and into a sitting position. Now that I knew that it was possible, I moved onto my legs. It took me a minute before I gained feeling in those as well. As soon as I could move I got into a standing position. The guards didn't seem to have noticed me as they were deep into a conversation about food and which was better, cheese-its or goldfish. I rolled my eyes as I turned to inspect the room further. Once again it was four solid walls but now the roof was replaced by a massive open sight, nothing stopping me from hopping out besides from the 60 ft walls that I'd have to scale.

I sighed as I turned back to the lab door. My stomach growled viciously, apparently giving your guest some food was out of the question as well. If they wanted me alive then I guess something must be happening soon. I won't have a 6 month break this time.

I walked over to the glass and lightly tapped on it. It didn't seem too thick.

I paused for a minute as I stared at the glass. If I could just...

"Percy!" I quickly turned around to see the seven and the yj, they seemed to be on the young justice plane.

"Annie!" Relief flooded through me as I stepped towards the IM. Everyone around her seemed to visibly relax as they saw me, smiles flooding onto their faces.

"Percy, are you okay? Where are you?" Annabeth asked rapidly, worry filled her voice.

"I'm okay wisegirl, I promise. I'm not sure where I am. I've been pretty out of it lately." Annabeth nodded, a nervous tinge on her face.

"Okay, can you find a way out?" She paused, looking around me before her eyes caught on something behind me. That's when I noticed some of the yj hero's eye's widening. I turned to see the Joker, he had a psychotic smile plastered on his face as he stared at me through the glass.

"Wakey wakey princess, I see we can start having fun now." I admit my body paused for a second but I didn't let my face show my worry, lest I make the others more worried.

"Look I-"

"Percy no! Don't hang up! I swear I will-"

"I love you guys" I gave them a small smile before running my hand through the message just as Annabeth started to yell at me. I turned back around to see the Joker now making his way to the door.

"Can you escape?" Was what Annabeth had said.

I could, if I played my cards right.

I watched as the Joker opened the door, I could already see the weapon half hidden in his sleeve. It glinted deviously in the light, almost taunting me.

I was never one for card games

—————————————————

784 words

Sorry for the short chapter, I'm writing this in school so I'm trying to be sneaky lol.