Chapter 45: OMG...wait, dogs?

-----------------Percy's Pov:-------------------

"Alright, alright, I think I get it" Jason said slowly, nodding as he lightly tapped his finger against his leg. "I know where we can get everything, though I'm more concerned about where we have to get it from."

"Alright, you still want to do it?" I asked, mixing in a bit of my baby seal eyes. He merely glanced at me and a smile made its way to his face.

"Of course. Follow me" I nodded as we stood up and left his room. We didn't travel far before we made it to a door. I tried to read the nameplate but the letters continued to swirl around. I continued to focus on the nameplate as the door opened but I was snapped out of my efforts as I heard a small noise and a yelp. I looked over to see Jason reaching for me as something metal and shiny flew at my head. I barely had time to move as I side stepped just as the knife flew through where I had just been. Jason and the child from inside stared at me like I had grown an extra head.

I turned around to see a knife stuck in the wall, lots of other knife marks also prominent. I walked over, ripping the knife out of the wall before I turned around. The two were still frozen as I held the knife up.

"That was so rude! Do you always try to hurt your brothers!" I walked into his room, hearing small footsteps following behind me. The child's face grew stone cold as he tried glaring at me. I glared back causing him to break slightly, flinching as I stopped in front of him. "You could've hurt someone. Chill out." I placed the knife gently on the desk beside him before ruffling his hair "Plus you're too young to be murdering your brothers...wait till you're at least 15" The kid let out a small yell as he tried to pry my hand off his head.

"Get off me you old hag!!" I pulled my hand back with a small smile.

"Get me what I need and I'll stop." I smirked as he continued to glare at me. I could see Jason come and stand beside me from my peripherals. The child continued to glare at me but I just crossed my arms over my torso. He let out a small groan as he stood up.

"fine, but just so you know, I could totally kill you if I wanted to." I just let out a light hum as he glared at me. Jason was just staring in shock and wonder. "So what do you want?"

"I heard you have a dog or two" I smiled as his face turned angry.

----------------------Tim's pov:----------------------

"..."I merely stared at Bruce as he sat in front of me, twiddling his thumbs as he stared back. We'd been sitting in his office for the past hour in complete silence. Of course he got the chair so I was stuck with leaning against his desk.

"Tim..." Bruce stared, finally putting his hands in his lap. I raised an eyebrow as he continued. "I'm" He sighed "I'm sorry alright? I overreacted a bit the last time we really spoke. I understand that maybe I wasn't right but I still think we should talk about these things. Adding a new team member is a big deal and I believe that we should discuss it at least a little next time. Can we at least compromise there?" He asked, his face relaxing more then I think it ever has.

I couldn't help but believe he was genuine. This was different from when he would stone up and tell the crowd a white lie. But that didn't make up for everything. I thought I was at least owed some trust, some form of say in what happens. If it was only just arriving now what else was I assuming I had.

I sighed as I rubbed my forehead before looking back up. "I-" Suddenly Percy's words popped into my head as I was about to speak. She had a point and even though I'm still very angry at Bruce I still wouldn't want him or I dying on these terms. "I can't accept the apology, but I'm glad we can talk this out. I won't be moving back in just yet, or well as long as Percy doesn't kick me out, but I will be willing to talk more civilly. Maybe after some time we can throw this whole thing behind us but at the moment I don't think I can just yet. I appreciate the fact that you are willing to work better with me. Let's just hope that you can keep up with your promise." He gave a small nod, and I swear I saw his lip twitch in a small smile for a split second. He stood up and lightly pat my shoulder.