Chapter 44: Confrontation and Comforting

-----------------------Percy's pov:--------------------------

He stared at me with dark eyes, ones that rivaled Annabeth in their calculating manner. His shoulders were tight and his fists were clenched.

He seemed inherently angry, something about his posture just told me I wasn't welcomed. Though maybe that was because he was still in his suit.

"uhhhh...Hello Mr. Wayne" I waved as his glare deepend.

--------------------------hours earlier--------------------------

"Hey Tim?" I asked, looking over to Tim who was sitting on the couch beside me.

It was the next day, after the beach we had both gone home and promptly fell asleep, though we did end up waking up super early by accident. On the way back to the house yesterday I had talked to Tim about going to see his family, even if it was just for a little. He thought about it up until we reached the apartment to which he had said "Sure, I needed to pick up my suit anyways" The only thing was that I didn't exactly know when he wanted to go. See it's already getting dark out, we both trained with the yj league and I was one day closer to doomsday, and yet we had made no move toward his home.

Tim looked over at me with an eyebrow raised, though even now he still seemed a bit distracted by what was playing on screen. "Yes Perc?"

"When exactly do you want to pick up your suit? I mean no rush it's just...I thought that you maybe wanted it done sooner than later." He paused, the reality of the situation seeming to lean on him and I almost felt bad for even mentioning it in the first place.

"You're right, I guess it would be better to get it over with." He stood up, stretching as he did so. When he lowered his arms again he looked over to me. "You coming?" I smiled and nodded as I stood up. I had expected him to want to go alone, a solo mission if you will, but this was a nice change.

We both quickly changed before leaving out into the night. While the day was a lot warmer the night still held an eerie chill that always managed to seep into your bones. I shivered slightly as the wind blew against my face. I looked over to Tim in time to see his arm wrapping around my shoulder. I gave him a small smile as we continued down the streets.

"I know you've met them before and all but I'd just like to warn you once again. They're... a special bunch. Especially all together." Tim said, not looking over to me but his voice telling me that this warning was serious. A small smile spread across my lips as I put my arm around his waist.

"I think you underestimate me Tim" I said with humor leaking into my voice. He chuckled lightly, squeezing my shoulder lighty.

"No, I trust you, it's them I don't trust. Well, mainly Bruce, Jason, and Damien. I guess Dick's okay and Alfred is the best so no worries there." I nodded.

"Well I've got your back. Plus last time we spoke Bruce was pretty nice. Very professional" Tim didn't respond, instead letting my last sentence hang in the air like a plume of smoke. After a while he finally responded.

"Yeah"

The rest of the walk was quiet as we made our way through the busy city. As we walked I spotted someone jump across the rooftops of the buildings. The robin suit looked like the old one Tim had described to me. I looked over to Tim with a bit of confusion but he didn't look fazed.

Weird but okay.

Eventually we came across his massive house. The lights seemed so small from the gate. Tim lightly pressed a bunch of buttons which let out a loud beep as the gates started opening. His grip on my shoulder tightened ever so slightly but I didn't mind instead pulling him closer as we walked. I heard a small "thanks" as we made our way up the long driveway.