Nineteen | Hard

The kiss was bruising in fierceness.

Both Gideon and Visena welcomed the pain as they backed up against a nearby tree. Sharp bark prodded into her spine, and she was sure she would come away bleeding from its rough trunk. Every nip, suck and brush of tongue ignited a fire in Visena's core. Her legs squeezed together tightly, and her fingers curled in his hair. They wouldn't let each other take a breath, much to her amusement. 

A sudden wooziness overcame Visena as Gideon hoisted her up against the tree. Her legs straddled his firm waist, and her arms draped over his shoulders for stability. And maybe because she wanted to touch his shoulders.

Gideon took control, finally slowing the kiss to give them both time to breathe. Her body slipped slightly in his grip, and she felt a new pressure against her front. Visena was sure it was on purpose as she realised she was stuck between a tree and a really hard place...

She smirked against Gideon's lips and trailed kisses of her own down his neck. Visena was rewarded with an appreciative rumble from his throat that vibrated against her tentatively parted mouth. She bravely licked along his neck before pulling her head back to see what he thought. His wide, glowing eyes made her chuckle. "You're too pretty, Gideon. And you smell so good." Visena buried her flaming face into his neck as he squeezed her tight. Her honesty even embarrassed her sometimes.

"We need to go back, Vi." 

She groaned against his neck as he lowered her to the forest floor. She was exhausted. "Can you carry me?"

Gideon laughed at her request but happily scooped her into his arms again and kissed her forehead.

"So now what?" she asked, yawning.

"Well, I think before we decide anything, we need a bit more information from your mother, don't you think?"

Visena's eyelids were heavy. "Yeah. But now we know we're mates, what happens?"

"I don't want you to worry about that right now, Visena. It hasn't changed anything for me." 

Visena's stomach sank before Gideon quickly explained. "No, that came out wrong. I have always felt something, and now I know that it was the mate bond, so it's- it's a good thing."

She nodded with her eyes now closed. "Now, you don't need to worry about hurting someone else. That's cool. I still have no idea what it even means."

Gideon's steady heartbeat was like a metronome. "There's no rush. I just want to enjoy this. Enjoy you..."

Visena's slow breaths signalled sleep had finally taken her. Gideon held her tighter as he finished the journey to the Packhouse. He tucked her into his bed before checking on Prim. 

She was already up and walking around in the medical office. Esmerelda had helped draw out the wolfs-bane in Prim's blood while Kora checked for internal damage. Luckily it had missed her stomach and bowels so that Prim could heal at her usual pace. Her mate stood guard at the door with a pensive expression. Orion probably wanted to murder Zeir as much as Gideon did.

Prim's eyes were starry when she saw Gideon. "Alpha! How is she? She was so beautiful. I knew it! Seriously, I knew it!" Her ramblings were impossible to decipher and insanely loud as she flitted across the room, clasping her hands to her chest like a smitten schoolgirl.

"Slow down, Prim. What are you talking about?" Gideon got Prim to sit back on a nearby cot. The room still reeked of blood and wolfs-bane. Orion sent an appreciative glance at his Alpha from his post. It must have been infuriating trying to get Primalia to rest. Everything about her was frantic all the time. But she was loyal and a vital Delta to his Pack. If he had lost her... It didn't bode well to go down that mental path. Gideon's nails had already broken skin on his calloused palms.