Thirty-nine | Confessions

Distilled morning light caressed Visena's cheeks as her eyes fluttered open upon the most captivating view. It felt like she was dreaming. She stared at the chiselled outline of her mate's back through a well-fitting long-sleeved shirt. The gods indeed had a hand in sculpting him. The house felt warmer with him in it too.

He must have noticed her breathing quicken because he turned and nearly dropped the contents of his bowl. Gideon's eyes were tired, cupped by dark circles, but he quickly rushed to her side, leaving his food steaming on the counter. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." Visena smiled at her mate. She reached to stroke his cheek when he pulled back as if burned.

"Explain first. What the hell was that? I thought I'd lost you."

"Me? No way." The joke fell flat, and she cleared her throat, hoping the redness creeping up her neck would wane quickly. "I was still healing from my last shift, and I guess leaving a Fae realm before fully healed... Really hurts."

"What do you mean, Fae realm?"

"The flat stones outside create a Fae ring. I thought you were going to run through it...."

"In wolf form." Gideon finished the sentence, and realisation dawned on him. "I would have lost my memories."

Visena heard the robin chirp loudly outside just as he finished speaking. Its repetitive peeps sounded particularly mocking that morning.

"I'm sorry for scaring you, I just-"

Her words were cut off with a kiss. Gideon's lips were soft, but his mouth moved roughly across hers. Passion fueled them both as his body climbed atop hers on the couch. Her hands moved to his face and pulled him closer, breathing him in. He did the same.

Gideon's body pressed the length of hers, and she felt him. All of him. His hands trailed along her sides to her waist and slipped between their bodies. Deft fingers danced across her pants and gingerly probed the waistband, making Visena groan. Too much fabric separated them; it was suffocating.

"Off, take it off," she whispered. An appreciative growl sounded from Gideon's throat. He lifted himself, barely detaching their lips to throw off his shirt. Visena shimmied out of her top and dropped it to the floor with a coy smile, breasts on full display under the morning light. She reclined her head against the couches armrest allowing her lover to drink her in. 

"You are so beautiful." His head dipped to her neck and kissed a trail to her chest. With the swirl of his tongue and nip of his teeth, Visena's nipples hardened. His loving touch thrilled her. Wetness dampened her underwear as he continued back to her throat, and she bared it to him. The only man she would ever submit to. His throaty growl made her back arch.

"Do we have time?" Her breathy moan barely reached Gideon's ears.

"We have until two. Then we'll have company."

She rocked her hips against his, eliciting a groan. "What time is it now?"

"About nine."

Visena's sly grin had Gideon hardening further. She didn't think that feat was possible. "Well then... We better get started."

Gideon didn't need to be asked twice. He climbed off the couch with Visena in tow and threw her over his shoulder. The Fae woman squealed, kicking her feet which only encouraged her mate to spank her. The sting felt so good, and her body stilled.

"Good girl." Gideon's voice was at least an octave deeper than usual and held a sexy rasp.

Visena had to cross her legs to stop the wetness from travelling when she was suddenly thrown onto a satin grey duvet tightly tucked into a firm mattress.  Previously settled dust exploded around them, creating a glittering illusion from the warm sunbeams. It felt as if they were inside a snowglobe that had been vigorously shaken. Then, just when Visena was about to sneeze herself to death, the window opened by itself and coaxed out every particle, skin cell or otherwise.