panch. aukaat

panch. aukaat

duniya ki kaha thi khabar, jab aapke aagosh mein gum the hum

na khud ka wajood, na khud ka nishaan, pyaar mein madhosh the hum

aankhein jab khuli toh shaan nahi, aapki zillat ban gaye,

aapki nafrat aur inteqam na jaane kab humari haqeeqat ban gaye

_

I do not belong here.

That was the only thing that kept repeating in the back of my mind, like a broken record. I have no clue why I chose ten lakhs over my sanity or why I am here to plan the wedding of the man I once loved so much. It felt both, suffocating and degrading.

I'd lie if I do not mention how I had imagined our wedding would be. Not only did I kept dreaming about my wedding with Ishaan, I had even sat with him once to describe everything about the small wedding to him and to my happiness, he had added such great inputs, telling me what he wanted to do for our wedding, and honestly, he looked more interested than I was.

And here I was, planning the wedding of the same guy I wanted to marry. It hurt more than I thought it would, especially how the team was going in detail about each pre-wedding ceremonies which was supposed to be ours. It took a lot of mental strength for me to not burst out crying, especially since that was exactly what Ishaan wanted.

All he wanted was to insult me, and watch me shamble into pieces, like he had not done enough.

And after the way he spoke, his bitter words and arrogant tone was piercing my soul, the same tone which once promised me sweet love was the same that was making me uncomfortable.

I was not strong enough to do this. What was I thinking when I said yes to this deal?

Maybe, for a tiny bit, I thought I could face him, I could put my past behind me and get to finally close the chapter and for a selfish reason, get some money for my family needs, but this was too difficult.

"Hey, new girl," One of the team members snapped at me, in the middle of the meeting, "are you even listening?"

After the brief meeting with both the bride and the groom, the team wanted to sit back in the room and discuss a few pointers before dismissing for the day. While Janki Mathur wanted us gone, of course, not wanting me here, Shyra permitted the team to sit back for a while.

Shyra Basu

The first time I saw that girl, the moment she walked in the room, I could see how she had captivated the entire room merely by her presence. She was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen in my life, and graceful to say the least. She was tall, presentable and such a sight to the eyes, and if the men in the room were mesmerized by her, I was insecure.