unnis. waham

unnis. waham

aapse vida lete waqt, dil bhar aayega, ye jaante hai hum

woh yaadein, woh saarein lamhein, hamesha saath rahenge,

jab bhi aap chand ko dekho, toh humare liye ek dua karna,

ki agli baar, himmat karke, shayad aapka haath thamenge

_

"I cannot believe you," Faiz chuckled, as he took the cheque from my hand, "entire advance given? Ye kaun karta hai?"

Smiling, I shrugged, "that money was not mine to keep anyway."

"I know the wedding is not happening, but you can still work here." Faiz insisted as he leaned against the desk, "resignation letter?"

"Hume kuch aur karna hai, kuch khud ke liye," I said, looking at both the cheque and my resignation letter neatly pinned in the envelope and tucked under Faiz's file. "Time to start making hard earned money." He nodded, hands in his pockets as he took a deep breath, "thank you for the opportunity though, maybe someday, I may get married and have you guys organise it."

That made him smile and I smiled back.

"Surely, Diya ji, honestly," Faiz nodded, a soft smile makes him look really charming, "I am going to miss you around." He joined his hands in a namaste and I chuckled, joining my hands, "see you around?"

And with that I left the company, walking back to my home, empty-handed. But this time, I felt more lighter, more energetic and after a long time, happier. Sure, love had broken me and destroyed me but not anymore, love cannot be my weakness anymore. And I may not have a family to go back to, but I had myself, and I was still me, and thankfully, I still loved myself.

After an fortnight of sorting my feelings, trying to get a hand on what I am, what I wanted to be, and what I could do, with loads of research, late night hunts and brainstorming on my life, I realised that if I wanted to move on, I could not stay here in this house for sure. It was time to leave these people, and start afresh, and get some money for good this time.

Money was not everything, but it definitely was something and that something was what I need now to survive. In all these, I have realised that love or money, they both can make or mar you depending on how you channel them in your life. And right now, I needed a lot of money and a little love, because I was done living in this hellhole.

Honestly, the only reason I stayed back was that the little girl in me still had a hope that her father would one day come back for her. I wish I would have realised that no one loved me enough to fight for me and that I had to fight for myself.

Well, better late than never.

My bags were messily laying on the floor, and my resume neatly updated as I got off the computer with a sigh. I had almost bagged the job in high paid journalism company where I never wanted to join. But if I needed to live on my own, I needed money and I had to put my degree to use. Dreams could wait, my self-esteem would not.