Chapter 5

In the factory:

"I can't... I'm not ready to be a Mother, I was supposed to have 9 months and I only get a few days to prepare." Sam panicked.

"It will be over soon though, tonight you get to see your Husband and you may have at least a few days until the little boy is born." Fright Knight said.

"How do you know it's a boy?" Sam asked.

"In the legend it says that the ruler of darkness is a boy so..." Fright Knight explains.

"So you think that a woman can't be the ruler of darkness?" Sam questioned.

"That's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying what the legend states." Fright Knight addresses.

"So how do you know that this child is going to be a boy, what if it's a girl? You don't know. You know the legend could be talking about another child and not mine, so y'all might've just sped up the pregnancy for no reason." Sam was messing with him and it made him mad.

"Ugh, well luckily we have 2 hours until the showdown so enjoy the peace and quiet while it lasts." Fright Knight laughed.

"You won't win, you're going up against 3 phantoms." Sam said.

"Oh really, I don't think you should fight, considering the circumstances." Fright Knight said back at her.

"Fine 2 phantoms, but that doesn't mean that I won't try and help. I have never missed a fight and I don't intend on doing so." Sam said back to him.

As the 2 hours went by, Sam started to feel anxious.

"Alright so you are going to be right in here. I'm sorry you got dragged into this like me. I don't want to fight him but I don't have a choice" Skulker said.

"Don't be, I'll be fine in here as bait. Man, almost every ghost plan ends up with me being the bait" Sam said with a frown.

"Don't touch the bars at the same time as Phantom or it will shock you both even if only one of you touches it. He can't phase in here either." Skulker gave me a smile and got into position.

At the house:

"Come on, Danielle, let's go" Danny said eagerly.

"Are you sure you don't want us coming with you honey?" Maddie asked.

"No you can't, did Vlad already leave?" Danny asks.

"I'm pretty sure he did, please be careful of you two." Maddie says hugging both of them as they phase through the ceiling and off to the mattress factory.

"You sure you still want to do this Danielle?" Danny asks.

"I'm not letting my big brother go by himself, let's do this!" Dani says slamming the doors open.

"Huh, it's empty. Not surprising but weird." Dani says walking around.

"Danny! Over here." Sam shouts.

"Sam!" Danny yells back, flying over to the cell.

"Danny, wait, if you touch the bars you'll get shocked." Sam tells him.

"Well get you out of here somehow. Are you ok?" Danny asks.

"I'm fine, where's Dani?" Sam asks, looking around.

"Oh no—Fright Knight! You better not have! Where is Dani!!" Sam shouts.

"She's right here Samantha" Fright Knight says with her in his arms.

"Mfm,hmf." Dani tries to say.

"You let her go, Fright Knight!" Danny says.

"What if I don't want to?" Fright Knight said, giving a nod to something behind Danny.

Then skulker came out of hiding and gave Sam a face of guilt but then -

"No!" Sam yelled. As Skulker put a thing around his waist that turned him back into his human self as it froze his body only his face could move.

"Skulker? What are you doing here?" Danny asked.

"I...I..." Skulker started but was interrupted by Vlad.

"He is working with us." Vlad said.

As Dani got out of Fright Knight's grip she ran over to the cage.

"Come and get me Fright Nut." She said, taunting him.

When he heard that name, anger fueled him. As he ran to grab her, she moved out of the way and was shocked by the cell. Then he fell to the ground. As she barely tapped the cell it did nothing, then she grabbed the key from Fright Knight's pocket and unlocked the cell.

"Now let's get this belt off shall we?" Dani said but then was blasted by a ghost ray.

"Dani!" Danny and Sam shouted. As she got hit by it she fell to the ground, the keys dropped by Sam's feet. As she grabbed the keys, she saw Vlad standing right in front of her. "Give me the keys Samantha." Vlad said.

"For the last time it's Sam and No!" Sam said back.

Then Vlad grabbed onto the keys and started to pull but Sam pulled back. Sam started to lose her grip, then out of nowhere Skulker had hit Vlad with a dart, one that kept him still for about 20-25 minutes.

"Thanks... oh my gosh, Dani!" Sam said, running over to her.

As she sat right next to her she said softly.

"Hey, I'm ok. Just a little scratch." Dani said, showing the cut on her side. As she helped her get up, Skulker had unlocked the gadget around Danny's waist, but the Fright Knight had awakened and was fighting Skulker. As they were fighting each other Danny had run over to Sam and Dani, as they all turned into their ghost form and flew out of the factory, but something caught onto Sam's leg. It was Vlad.

"You're not going anywhere without this," Vlad said, putting something on her ankle then letting go. As they got home everyone was on the couches waiting for any news. As the 3 of them walked through the door, everyone ran to them in excitement.

"Thank goodness you're all ok!" Maddie said.

"Sam, your..." Jazz said.

"Yea I know Vlad had put something in my lemonade that sped up the pregnancy. So he said I have maybe 2 weeks at most. But he also said something else about the baby..."Sam started before she started crying. Danny wrapped her in his arms and everyone went and took a seat on the couch.

"Sam, what did they say about the baby?" Danny asked. As she wiped her tears away she said,

"They said according to a legend this child is going to be the king of darkness." Sam said.