Chapter 18: An Invitation

There was a rapid knock.

"Come in," Laxus grumbled.

The master sighed as he saw the scarlet, pinky, and navy blue wizard open the door.

"Master Laxus, I have a question. A real one," Reiki said. He sounded unusually serious.

"Well don't just stand there, shut the door!" the master growled.

Team Unstoppable did as they were told.

"Hurry up and speak your mind, Fernandes. I have to make an announcement shortly," Laxus stated.

The Thunder God Tribe briefly stopped their work to look up at him. They exchanged wide-eyed glances.

"It's about the mages who invaded Tenrou Island. I thought that it was invisible to those without the Fairy Tail insignia. How were the Ice and hooded mage able to find it? And how would Larry and Mya be able to set foot on the island as well? It doesn't make sense," Reiki explained.

Laxus narrowed his eyes.

"Evergreen," he said.

"Yes, sir?" she asked.

"Who did you pick to guard Tenrou Island?"

"I was hoping you would approve of Team Freedom. They're quite strong and this would be a great chance for them to show their loyalty. Not that I think they don't have it, however, those four are always eager to praise Fairy Tail's name."

'That's true. Macbeth, Erik, Sawyer, and Dad are very passionate about the guild since the first day they were welcomed in. Dad has always supported the guild to help protect Erza and Erik became fond of it once Kinana introduced him to the members. Macbeth and Sawyer were Erik's best friends so they trusted his judgment.'

"Excellent choice. I would like Team Danger out there as well. Those five can handle anything. Plus, they have that weird rover of theirs," Laxus stated.

"I thought it was destroyed," Reiki pointed out.

"Yeah, they managed to fix it back up somehow," the master said.

"Are you sure, master? What if they want to try out for the Games?" Cris interrupted.

"I'm absolutely positive that they won't try out," the guild master growled.

Lightning crackled throughout the room. It temporarily screwed up Freed's lacrima screen.

Cris gulped.

"Why not, sir?" Reiki asked.

Nashi and Cris exchanged glances of "what?!" and then "we're dead."

Laxus sighed.

"That's none of your business Fernandes. If you want to know, then ask them," he answered.

"But I have asked them in the past. They've never given a clear cut answer. Just excuses," Reiki countered.

The Lightning Dragon Slayer simply looked at the teenagers in front of him.

"Furthermore, sir, you haven't answered my question. About how all of the non-Fairy Tail members were able to get on Tenrou Island in the first place," the scarlet teen pointed out.

"I don't know. My guess is that someone from our guild let them in. Or at least allowed someone with spell-dispelling abilities to enter. Now how that would happen is a mystery to me. But maybe you can figure that out. Especially since you seem so eager to not let this go," the master answered.

A brief silence fell.

Laxus started to rise up.

"If I may ask, how long are Team Danger and Freedom going to watch over the island?" Reiki inquired.