C12 Year2 Part2

Christmas break was over and Iridessa found herself in Hogwarts again.

Christmas break was so much fun . The dancing on Edward's feet , Esme's puddings and cookies .... everything was so much fun .

Now she was here in this school , where everyone seemed a little morbid . Especially Harry and Ron .

Ron told her about Harry's new broomstick that got confiscated because Hermione had snitched with the pretense of being worried that the broom was jinxed .

Iridessa understood Hermione's reasoning behind it . She had gotten a anonymous gift also . A ring on a chain .

It was said to have belonged to her  real father .

Carlisle contacted Dumbledore about it . Her ring had been confiscated and shipped to Hogwarts immediately . All her protests had fallen on deaf ears .

But she understood . Hermione was only looking out for Harry . Just like Carlisle was looking out for her .

" You shouldn't judge Hermione ,Ron. She meant well . Tell me , what if the broom had been jinxed and Harry fell and broke his head  ?. What would you have done ?. He'd be hurt or worse ....dead . So cut Hermione some slack . "

" Ah you're just a silly girl who knows nothing ," he said dismissively as they stood in the common room .

" I got a ring . They took it . My Daddy said it's for the best . I believed him . I still do . I'm sorry , Ron , but you need to learn to understand things and take other people's reasons into account . "

She marched off ,her back stiff and military straight .

" Whoa , when did Des get so mature ?", Fred Weasley asked popping up behind Ron .

Ron did a hilarious doubletake when he realised that for once George hadn't interrupted Fred or finished any sentences.

It was weird and that made Ron feel weird .

He pulled a face and walked off .

Fred only huffed out a laugh at that .

In the second year  girls' dorm room , Iridessa sat with Ginny and the other girls in her year .

They were talking about Christmas break and she only listened .

Ginny didn't speak either . She looked down for some reason .

Iridessa suspected it was about Harry again.

Ginny Weasley was still very much  madly in love with Harry Potter.

Iridessa wondered if she'd ever get the boy wonder .

Harry wasn't even interested in girls right now .

Maybe next year ?.

For the next few weeks Iridessa hoped that Ginny would eventually cheer up . She'd tried anything. Even shared her Cadbury's Choco balls with her .

It was no use .

To top it all off the Golden Trio seemed to be at more odds than before .

All because of a stupid rat and a cat .

Iridessa made herself scarce whenever the three of them were around .

She diligently did her homework on her own and hung out more with Colin Creevy than anyone else .

Not that Colin was a lot of fun, but she didn't want to be around when the Trio or Ginny went off the deep end .

She missed her family more than ever .