C30 TLC and A Little Jealousy

Iridessa smiled as she watched her family sit around the table , enjoying their dinner.

How she'd missed this. She was glad to be home. The only problem was that girl Bella Swan looking at her as if she was something the cat brought in.

And her ignorance about many things.... Goodness, it's horrifying.

"I didn't know that you guys can actually eat ," Bella said as she watched Jasper eat a piece of steak.

" Oh, we can," Alice said," We could do that since Dessa joined our family."

" Really? She's the reason for you guys to look more normal?"

" Uh...yeah," Edward spoke up," It's her ability , I suppose. Our bodies function normally because of her. We even have faint heartbeats, even if they are undead." He smiled, giving Iridessa a wink.

She giggled , earning a glare from Bella , who really didn't want to be reminded that this girl was actually here and could hear all her questions.

She sat on Carlisle's left side opposite Esme, smiling for the world to see. It was disgusting.

" How did you give birth to her ,Esme? And is she part Vampire ? Or is she as human as I am?"

Esme placed down her fork, wishing Bella wouldn't ask so many questions and talk about Iridessa as if she wasn't around.

" She's special," Carlisle piped up ," and that's as much as we're saying. Now eat your dinner ,Bella. Or it's going to go cold. Cold food isn't delicious anymore." His tone was stern and there was a strange edge to it as if he wasn't happy with her.

Iridessa bit back a giggle, picking up her glass of Coke. Occasionally , Esme would let them indulge in soft drinks, but not all the time. Coke was a big no-no at any given time because Iridessa would so easily get a stomach ache from it.

" So..., Little Rainbow," Emmet began," Are we having a game marathon soon? I have the latest Dragon Age game,and I want to play it with you."

Iridessa smiled." Sure! But only if Mommy doesn't need me doing chores or something. "

Esme laughed at that." I can manage with the dishes for tonight. But I think you should go to bed , though, Sweetling. The flight back had been long, and then there was the drive too."

She nodded. " Yes, Mommy. Tommorow then,Emmet. But only if we go for a walk in the woods first."

" That we can do, Little Rainbow." He held out a fist for her to bump. She did so with a big smile on her lips.

Bella scowled at her plate, because this attention on one girl was ridiculous.

" How's Vega and Uncle Sirius doing? I forgot to ask," Jasper changed the subject , while side-eyeing the human girl. He could feel her jealousy and it was disconcerting.

" They're fine. Vega's done his last exams and will be going to medical school this coming year," Carlisle said, pushing the ketchup towards Iridessa, who tried to get to it, but it was too far out of her reach. " And Sirius has landed a high level security job."

To the Cullen kids, it meant that Vega was joining Saint Mungo's Hospital's special Healer training program and Sirius was doing something for the Order of the Phoenix, even if Dumbledore is dead and they have no leader .

" Ah, that's actually great. What about Harry? Will he be going back to those wretched relatives of his?"

" Only for a little bit ,Jazzy," Iridessa said. " Uncle Sirius won't let him stay there for long , though, you know that serial killer are after Harry. It'll be bad if something happens to him and the Dursleys."

" At least Sirius is special ops trained," Emmet added," I would've been very scared for Harry if he wasn't."

That meant Auror trained and Voldemort the Dark Wizard.

Iridessa pushed back her food , suddenly not hungry anymore, her mind on Snape shouting the Killing Curse and Dumbledore falling from the Astronomy tower.

" Iri?," Rosalie asked worriedly , her eyes on her little sister.

Edward who'd seen those images in her mind of Dumbledore's death leaned over the table to touch her hand. " It's going to be okay, Maggie," he said soothingly," You couldn't have known that Professor Snape would kill Professor Dumbledore. You and Harry couldn't have stopped him when he pushed him off the tower."

Bella furrowed her brows , wondering what they were talking about.

" If I was faster, I could've stopped it," Iridessa mumbled bitterly," If I'd just called out! Why'd my best teacher have to kill the Headmaster,Edward ? Why'd he have to join those terrorists ?"

Bella's eyes widened at that. She didn't know that, that's why this girl was home so early.

" He'd have killed you too , Maggie. You know that ."

She sniffled , tears leaking from her eyes. " He was always so good to me. I can't believe he killed....Oh, Godric , he killed Dumbledore , and I couldn't do a thing to stop it." She burst into tears, sobs shuddering through her .

Before she knew it , she was pulled on her father's lap and held close.

Jasper looked at her with despair, he tried to focus his waves of calm on her, but her heartbreaking sobs made it difficult to focus.

" I'll take her to her room," Carlisle said , standing up with her in his arms," Jasper...., I think I'll be needing your help."

Jasper nodded and got to his feet. Esme stood too. " Alice and I will dress her in her pajamas. Rose , can you help Edward and Emmet clear the table?"

Rosalie nodded." Yes ,Mom. Come on , Edward and Emmet, let's get to work."

Bella frowned as she realised that everyone seemed to forget about her being there. No one asked if she wanted to help or not. No one seemed to even care if she was still eating. All this because of a weak little girl who stole the attention away from her.

She scowled and stood from the table. She'll go  wait in Edward's room and then she'll ask him to drive her home.

Her eyes landed on a portrait of the whole family. Everyone stood and in the front , between Alice and Esme stood a little caramel blonde girl smiling widely, her topaz eyes shining brightly.

She glared at it, wishing that she could throw that portrait in a garbage bin. This whole family revolved around one silly little girl. It was stupid.
             🐚🎻🎻🐚
Iridessa lay between her parents , their arms holding her , soothing her.

Her tears has stopped and her heart didn't feel as heavy as before.

She closed her eyes as Esme's delicate fingers brushed through her hair. She was so tired. So very tired.

" Sleep, Sweetling. Daddy and I will stay with you tonight." Soft cold lips touched her forehead.

" Promise?," she whispered.

" Yes," Carlisle answered.

Jasper and Alice already left. They were downstairs discussing how to keep their baby sister busy so she wouldn't think about anything bad.

Jasper had tried soothing her with his ability , but her broken heart tugged too much on his heartstrings.
In the end he left with Alice.

" Are you off then ,Daddy?"

Carlisle smiled softly." Yes, Little Missy, I'm off.  I'll be going to work again tomorrow."
He pressed a soft kiss to her forehead. " Go to sleep. I'll be here when you wake up."

She closed her eyes obediently, snuggling in her parents arms.

It wasn't long before she fell asleep.

Carlisle and Esme didn't leave her until morning came and Carlisle needed to get ready for work.

She was still asleep when he had to leave.
             🐚🎻🎻🐚
Well, here's another one.