C35 The Muggle School

"Do I have to?," Iridessa whined to her father as they drove into Forks High's parking lot ," Why can't I just attend Ilvermorny then?"

" I told you why ,Iridessa. You'll be fine here. Alice and Edward will be there. Come, let's go see the principal together. She's eager to meet you."

Principal Giles was a strong independent woman who took no nonsense from her peers. Alice said that the previous day.

"Daddy, please, I don't want to!"

Carlisle sighed. " Iridessa...."

" Daddy, I'll be swamped with my studies if I have to take on Muggle school also."

" I know , Iridessa, but it's best if you attend Muggle school. It's a cover for you. See, you went to a boarding school in Scotland. A boarding school everyone thinks is a regular school and not some special magical school. Come on, get your school bag and let's get going. I have to be at work by ten. There's a new doctor starting today. I have to show him around."

Iridessa grumbled something inaudible as she took her school bag from the backseat before getting out.

She ignored the stares of the students around the parking lot ,reaching out to take her father's hand like when she was little and wanted to cross the road with him to her favourite ice cream shop in a small town they used to live in.

Carlisle gave her a reassuring smile, squeezing her hand in comfort.

Alice skipped towards them. " Hey, Daddy, you've finally got her to come here ,eh?"

Iridessa suppressed the urge to scoff , knowing that her sister was only playing a part today.

" Yes, Alice."

" Well, good luck ,Dessa. I'll see you in your first class today.  Love you!"

She skipped away and Iridessa wished that she could hide. She moved closer to her father. " Daddy, they're staring."

" I know. Ignore them."

" But, Daddy...."

" Enough, Iridessa. You're going to school and that's final."

She huffed, but didn't say anything further, her cheeks puffed in anger.

He ignored that as he lead her to the principal's office.

They didn't stay long there and by the time Carlisle left ,Iridessa wasn't sure if she should run away from school or not. Principal Giles seemed to think like the rest of the town. That Iridessa are a typical teenage juvenile delinquent. She'll just have to proof them all wrong.

One of the ladies working in the office took her to her first class that was History class.

Alice was practically bouncing on her seat when Iridessa walked in.

The teacher greeted her with the same way the principal had. As if she was something unpleasant they had to accept even if they were reluctant to.

Iridessa could choose where she wanted to sit , which was nice. She chose to sit with Alice, obviously.

Her sister squealed as she sat down, hugging her in welcome.

Iridessa smiled at that. Alice had started that morning with forcing her into a cute outfit that made her look more mature than she ever thought she could and she wasn't allowed to complain.

With Alice's attention on her Iridessa forgot the stares of the rest of the class and even began enjoying school.

She missed Hogwarts , though. To be with her own kind and learn about spells , charms, etc.

Now she had to learn something she wasn't familiar with anymore.
It was freaking hard.

By lunch she was exhausted and tried avoiding the stupid boys that tried to chat her up .

They were disgusting. Especially when one badboy wannabe tried to feel her up. She had to resist the urge to turn his eyes into frog eyes and his ears into elephant ears.

At least, in a few months, the trace would be off and she would be happy to oblige if he still haven't come to his senses.

She sat down at the table Edward and Bella was sitting at, Alice having dragged her there after they'd grabbed some food.

She sat down beside Edward , earning a glare from Bella.

She ignored it, opening her potato salad and eating some of it.

" So this is your troublemaker sister we've heard so much about? She doesn't look like a bad girl. She actually_"

" If you can please refrain from talking about her as if she's not here ,I would appreciate it," Edward cut Jessica off ," Iridessa, want some of my pizza?"

Iridessa beamed at him. " Goodness yes!"

He laughed , pushing a slice towards her.

She bit into the chewy cheesy goodness immediately.

" So...," an Asian boy with floppy black hair began," Why , if you're not a bad girl, did you go to a boarding school in Scotland?"

" Because my name was on the list of that prestigious school, and I was the only one who wanted to go. My siblings wanted to experience normal public high school. I, however, didn't want to let my Daddy down."

" You're letting him down now," Lauren , a typical mean girl , pointed out .

" No, he doesn't want me to attend a school where a teacher murdered the bloody Headmaster. Haven't you seen the news?"

" You mean the terrorists that attacked a private boarding school in Scotland? That was your school?"

Iridessa nodded. " Terrorists worked with the teacher. It was terrible. Daddy says I'm better off here. At least I don't have to wear a uniform anymore. Goodness, I hated the uniform."

" You had to wear the same clothes as everyone else?," Bella asked curiously.

Iridessa tried not to roll her eyes. What does Bella not understand about uniform?

" It was ghastly. The only thing I loved was my house colours, red and gold."

" House colours? What kinda school is that ?," Mr Asian asked.

" Each year students were sorted into four houses. We had dorms where we slept in , and a common room for our house. Our triumphs earned us house points. Our mistakes ....well, you can guess. At the end of the school year the house with the most points won  the house cup. My house won a lot of points because my best friend Hermione was the smartest in her year."
She took another bite of her pizza slice.

The conversation around the table changed to subjects and one boy complained about almost blowing up something in chemistry class. It made Iridessa remember how Professor Snape always complained about Seamus Finnigan  blowing up potions in his class.

She missed him even if he had murdered Professor Dumbledore.

Edward wrapped an arm around her , pressing her head against his shoulder in silent comfort and Alice held her hand.

For the rest of the school day she wished for the time that she could go home and begin the Wizarding part of her schooling.
She will start with potions first and then go on from there.
            💖💋💋💖
Hope you liked.