C32 Wedding Invitation

Iridessa skipped once ,twice  with giddy delight as she and Rosalie walked through the forest.

The morning air were fresh and clean with the scent of pine trees in swirling around and she loved it.

Throwing her arms wide she called out " Isn't it just lovely?!"

Rosalie grinned. " Yeah! Especially when we're away from the human."

Iridessa paused, looking at her." You really don't like her ,do you?"

Rosalie nodded." Yes. She wants to throw away her life because she wants to be immortal. We're not truely immortal ,you know. We can die. Just not the same way humans do."

Iridessa sighed, her mood sobering. " Rosalie, don't let a stupid girl like that get you down. You're beautiful forever. Count that as a blessing. Even if you had to go through something horrible to stay beautiful forever."

Rosalie looked at her, wondering when Iridessa learnt how she became a Vampire.

She moved to hug her. " I'll keep it in mind , Iri. But come on, let's continue our walk. The air is so lovely. Just be careful , we're near the treaty line. I can smell a Wolf."

Iridessa scrunched up her nose, glad that she can't smell the Wolf like her family can.

She took Rosalie's hand and smiled. " We'll say "Hello" if we see it. I never saw one up close. I wish I was allowed in La Push. Then I can see them all the time."

" Not all the time,Iri. And it's best if you stay this side. La Push are dangerous with the Wolves there. "

The two girls walked onwards , Rosalie making sure they didn't go near the river that divided their territories . She didn't want Iridessa to say " Hello" to a Wolf.

It wasn't long before they turned back and walked home, though, and they didn't see the Wolf , but Rosalie could still smell it.

It was patrolling the border. Rosalie didn't like that at all.

At home they found Esme feeding Barney the beautiful Eagle Owl some bits and pieces of ham and beacon.

Bella sat eyeing the owl curiously, while Edward were making hot chocolate.

" Barney!," Iridessa called out, bouncing over to her mother's side. " When did he come in?"

" A few moments ago," Edward answered from the stove ," Scared Bella when he flew through the open door  ."

Iridessa petted the owl , smiling slyly at Edward. She felt quite giddy at her owl scaring the girl that has been nothing but unfriendly since she met her.

"I didn't know you had a pet owl," Bella mumbled," Is it even legal?"

" We have a licence to keep him," Rosalie spoke up fiercely ," You can ask your Dad. He knows about the owl."

" Oh."

" Yeah Oh. Iri, I'm going to go find Emmet."

" Okay, I'll be here with Mommy and Edward."

Rosalie patted her head and walked away. Iridessa went back to petting Barney.

"We have got mail," Edward spoke up, pouring the hot chocolate into mugs," Molly Weasley send us an invitation to Bill's wedding."

Iridessa looked up from her owl. " Bill's getting married? Is it to Fleur Delacour? She wasn't quite as nice at that school tournament we had in my third year. Ron had a crush on her."

" I know. You wrote that in your letters. I still have it packed away somewhere," Edward said as he handed Bella a mug of hot chocolate.

" Who's Bill and Fleur and Ron?"