6

Just as Johnny was about to speak again, Moon busted into the room. "Y/N! Y/N!!! We have a huge problem!" Moon grabbed my arm and Johnny followed quickly behind me.

We made it to the stage, and I saw Mike, who looked real mad. He started yelling at Moon. "You're telling me the prize money is FAKE!?"

"Huh?!" I gasped. "Moon.. what's going on?"

"It- it was not fake, I p-promise!" Moon stuttered. "There was a typo! I meant $1000, not $100,000!"

Suddenly it clicked. The flyers Moon told me Ms Crawley dropped out the window - she must have put more money than there should've been on the flyer. And now Mike was going ballistic and the rest of the animals were mad as well.

"Mr. Moon, you can't fake something like that!" Rosita said.

"Yeah," Ash agreed. "Me and my.." she paused. "I signed up for this mostly for the cash."

Mike stomped out of the theatre. I was thinking he wouldn't come back.

"Guys." Moon tried to say, "please. Let me explain."

"Is there even anything to explain?" Gunter stepped in. "I meannn, Rosita and I were looking to WINNN that cash." He frowned.

Suddenly, Meena appeared. "Guys, give Mr Moon a chance to explain. I'm sure he didn't lie to you guys. Come on, let's all have a seat in the chairs."

Everyone looked down, but soon followed the elephant to the chairs. Moon smiled sympathetically at her.

After everyone was seated, Moon began to explain what must've happened. He said that Ms Crawley probably made a typo, and that the flyers flew out the window before he was able to collect them from her.

Everyone felt bad, but was still pretty mad about what happened. Even I, myself, felt kind of mad in a way, because I realized that the animals were all expecting $100,000. If I was in that situation, I'd be downright pissed.

Suddenly, Rosita spoke up. "Look, guys. Let's give this a chance. We can still win $1000. We have nothing to lose. It's still a nice amount of money..."

"Rosita's right." Ash spoke. "Let's give this another chance."

Johnny put his hand up. "Exactly. Even if some of us are mad, it's not right that we blame it on Mr Moon or Ms Crawley. It was a mistake. Mistakes happen. All in favor, raise your hand."

I raised mine, and everyone else raised there's. Moon smiled. "Thank you.. so much guys." He said. "Now! To your rooms, everyone! Tomorrow we are rehearsing and can't miss it!"

Everyone raced to their rooms, like nothing had happened before. Johnny grabbed my hand and we made our way to the piano. I tried to hide the fact that I blushed.

Then I remembered - Johnny said to me that what happened with his family wasn't an act.

"Johnny!" I exclaimed. "What happened?" I lowered my voice, keeping a bit of a distance from him.

Fear appeared in his eyes, remembering what he had said to me. "I did nothing wrong. I promise! You see..." he trailed off, putting his head down.

"Johnny.." I walked over to him and lifted his head up. "You can tell me. I won't tell anyone. I'm just.. worried about you."

He began to tell me what happened.

"You see, I.. my.. my dad and his brothers are a gang. They rob banks... and do other crimes. I don't like participating with them.. but I have no choice. My dad.. he says that I can never become a singer. But.. that's my dream. And if I get caught with them.. I fear that.. I'll go to jail. Just like they will."

I looked up at him. "Wow.. Johnny.." I said. "It's not your fault. That you are forced to be in that with them. You know that right?"

"I do know that." He replied. "It's what I hang on to every time I have to participate in one of their activities. It's just so hard.. knowing I could go to jail."

We just sat there for a moment, before I spoke up. "Why don't you tell them you don't want to be in that with them?"

"Well.." he said, "because I don't know what will happen if I say that. I could get in so much trouble by them.. I don't want to risk it."

"I understand." I answered.

We just sat there for a moment, before he suddenly pulled me in for a hug. "I don't know why.. but I feel like I could trust you with anything. Which I know is crazy.. since we just met only about a week ago."

We hugged for another minute before I spoke up. "You know.. I have an idea."

"What?" He asked.

"We should hang out sometime. Get to know each other better."

"That's a nice idea..." he trailed off because Moon walked in.

"Guys!" Moon yelled. "I'm serious when I tell you that you need to be practicing! Johnny, later tonight I'm having Ms Crawley give you extra lessons."

"Ok," Johnny and I said in unison.

"Now, get practicing!" Moon exclaimed. "I want to hear that piano. Johnny, I can hear that you're doing better at it. Thank you Y/N for helping with him."

"No problem," I replied as Moon left the room. "We'd better get practicing.." I said.

"Yup." Johnny said.

And he started playing the piano.