12

I woke up.

It was dark in the room I was in. I stretched, only receiving a bad pain - from my back.

That's when I remembered what happened. I tried to look around, my eyes adjusting to the lighting in the room. I quickly realized it was my room, and I turned on the lamp right next to my bed.

I sat up, trying to ignore the pain. I touched my forehead, and had to hide a scream. I could feel that there were 3 scratches on it. They hurt real bad to touch.

"Moon?" I called out. "Johnny?"

There was no answer.

"Johnny!" I yelled. "Moon! Ash? Meena?"

Moon opened my door and stepped into my room. "Y/N! Johnny, come here, she's awake!"

Johnny stepped into the room, and seeing me awake, he came up to me and gave me a light hug - trying not to touch my back.

"Hey, guys." I said.

"Do you remember what happened?" Moon asked me.

"Yes," I replied. "Wait.. is.. is the theatre okay?"

Moon shuffled his feet. "Not exactly..." he said as he turned around and left the room.

"Moon.." Johnny said. No reply.

"Y/N, the theatre crashed down. Its all just dust and debris now..." he explained. "I'm so sorry. We're just glad you're okay."

"W-what!?" I shrieked. "Moon! Come back!" I yelled as I heard my front door open and close, signaling he was leaving. I scrambled to my feet, trying to push past Johnny, but I couldn't. He was holding me back.

"Y/N, don't run after him. He's been having breakdowns this whole morning."

I started to cry. The theatre was ruined. I was in pain. Moon's mental state was not good.

"Oh, Y/N," Johnny said, "we thought you were dead for a second, while you were laying out there."

"You did?" I looked up at him, wiping my face, crawling back onto my bed.

"Yeah." He replied. "You should've seen the look on everyone's faces the second we all saw you lying there. You should've seen Mr Moon's. It was terror in his eyes."

I just sat there, not replying.

"Do you remember what you said, the second you hit the ground before passing out?" He asked me.

I thought hard. But no. I couldn't remember. "No."

"Do you want to know?" He asked.

I didn't answer for a second. Did I really want to know? It could be something really bad. But I wanted to know. "I guess..."

Johnny looked me in the eyes. "Right when you crashed onto the road, Moon was running up to you. You wanna know what you called him?"

"Yeah..." I said.

"You told him goodnight. You said 'goodnight dad'." Johnny said.

"I WHAT!?" I cried. "I called him my dad???"

"Yeah," he replied. "Should've seen the look on his face after that. He broke down."

"Really?" I asked. I started crying again. Why was I the only one who had blacked out? Why did I have to call Moon my dad? Now he knew what I viewed him as. I tried to refuse looking at him that way ever since I met him. But it was always in the back of my mind.

"Here." Johnny handed me a plate of strawberries. "It was the only thing I could really find in your fridge. Rosita is out getting some groceries for you right now."

"The reason for that is because I'm saving for a car." Shit. That's when I remembered. I was supposed to be at work today. "J-Johnny, I'm supposed to be working right now. I could possibly get fired."

"Moon called off for you." He said. "It's fine. The manager was an absolute piece of shit, but he finally convinced him."

I laughed. "He's always been that way. Since I started working there. Nothing new." I ate a few strawberries as well. "Hey, Rosita doesn't have to buy me groceries."

"She insisted." Johnny said. "She's a parent of who knows how many kids. I think she's happy to be away from them for a bit."

"Everyone else is okay, right?" I asked.

"Yes. We don't know how you were the only one injured. Everyone else only got a few scratches, maybe some bruises too."

"Wow..."

"Hey, don't overthink it," he said to me, "we all are just so thankful you're okay. You know we love you."

I smiled weakly at him. God, I was really beginning to love him. I wonder how he felt about me.

"Everyone thinks you just need a few days of rest." Johnny said. "Get healed up a bit. Listen, I'll stay here with you. For as long as you need. Okay?"

"Okay."