13

Over the next 2 days, my back was already feeling better. My forehead.. not so much. But I figured that was fine since my forehead wasn't helping me walk.

Johnny told me that there were just some bruises left on my back. He said they seemed to be healing well and fast.

I heard from Meena that Moon was camping out at his friend Eddie's house, hiding from us all.

The theatre still sat how it remained, just dust and debris as Johnny had described it.

I was able to walk around and run freely now, still feeling a tiny bit of pain, but not much.

Anyways, today was the day that all of the animals were going to visit Moon at Eddie's house, in hopes of trying to make him happy again.

"What's for lunch?" I asked Johnny as I was sitting in the living room. "You know I could've made it myself."

"Oh, shush," Johnny smiled, "I want to still help you out. We're having grilled cheese."

"I love those," I remarked, grinning. I was watching Shameless on the TV again. I could feel Johnny and I's relationship growing. I could almost sense that he liked me back, but I was definitley not gonna let him know that I thought that. Although.. maybe I would.. someday. Not now, though. Now, we had to get Moon's mental state sorted out. Had to make him feel better. That was our number 1 priority. "Do you think he remembers me calling him my dad?" I asked.

"Well, Y/N, it's not bad if he does," Johnny replied as he turned off the heat of the stove. "He won't say anything to you about it. I'm sure he won't. You were practically unconscious when you said that, anyway."

"True, I guess." I took the plate he handed me, and sat back down on the couch. "Thanks for lunch, by the way."

"My pleasure," he remarked, sitting next to me. "I'm glad you like these. One of my favorite foods, actually."

"Really? Same!" I exclaimed.

Fast forward to after lunch:

"You ready to leave, Y/N?" Johnny asked. "It's about time we head out of here. We're hoping everyone meets up at the street outside Eddie's by 3:00pm."

"Yep!" I called from my room. I was changing my outfit before leaving. I put my jeans on, along with a t-shirt and a flannel over it. Once I was done, I walked out to the door. "I'm ready now."

"Alright!" Johnny closed the door behind us.

We walked up to his truck and he opened the door for me, once again. "Thank you." I said.

"No problem, beautiful." He responded.

I blushed hard. Oh god. That was cringe but the sweetest thing ever. Definitely another hint that he might like me.

The drive there was short, only about 15 minutes. When we got there, we parked on the road and saw Rosita and Meena already there. "Hey guys!" They said.

"Y/N, we missed you so much!" Meena exclaimed, pulling me in for a hug. "Rosita, join us!"

Rosita ran up to us and joined the hug too. "We're so glad you're doing better now."

"Thanks, guys." I said. "I missed you a bunch too."

Soon, Gunter and Ash arrived. Mike didn't. I expected that to happen.

"Looks like everyone's here," I said. "Let's head in then, I guess."

Meena got out a cake that she had baked for him.

We peeked through the windows, quickly finding him sitting in the pool house. I was the one to knock at the door.

"Eddie, I'm sorry but I still want some more alone time. 1 more hour please," I heard Moon say.

"Moon?" I spoke.

"Y/N?" He said. There was a long silence. "Come in."

I walked in, motioning for everyone else to come in as well. Meena handed him the cake.

"Moon..." I sat down next to him. "Everyone here needs you. Please, talk to us."

He sat in silence. "Everyone out, please." His ears sagged. His eyes were full of pain.

"But-" Johnny started to say.

"Out!" Moon yelled. "What part of that do you guys not understand!? Please, leave! All of you."

We all jumped back, and immediately escorted the room as fast as possible. Once we were all outside, we just sat by the pool.

"Y/N, you are probably the only one who can help," Johnny said.

"He wanted all of us out." I replied sadly. "Listen, it's not gonna work."

"Y/N, you don't know that," Rosita remarked. "Why don't you try, going in there by yourself? You are his best friend, after all."

"So is Eddie," I said. "And he wanted him to go away."

Ash spoke up. "Just try. For us." She paused. "Please."

I looked to Gunter, who nodded his head. Also looked to Johnny, who gave me a sympathetic look. "You really are the only one who can help right now. I know you are." He said.

I got up slowly, looking away from everyone as I walked back to the pool house. I softly tapped at the door.

"Oh, please," Moon said. "Just go."

At that moment, I realized I wasn't gonna let his self esteem break him more than it already was. I burst into the room. He avoided eye contact with me as I sat right in front of him.

"We don't like seeing you like this," I said.

He said something that I couldn't hear. "What was that?" I asked.

"Ugh." He looked at me. "I said, I should've known this career wouldn't work out."

"What!?" I gasped. "There is no way ANY of us are gonna allow you to think in that mindset. Snap out of it, Moon. You know your worth."

"And my worth is..." he sighed. "Nothing."

"Oh my goshhhh!" I exclaimed. "Do you realize that all of us look up to you? You're a friend to all of us. An amazing one. We can find somewhere else to perform. I'm serious, Moon. It's not fair that you just give up like this."

"My theatre is destroyed!" He said. "You got extremely hurt!"

"You know that's not your fault." I said. "It's Mike's. He ruined it for us all. You're not to blame."

Moon shook his head. "I don't know.. Y/N. Where else would we perform? And I also hope you realize that there will be no prize money anymore. All of it is gone."

"That doesn't matter to us!" I exclaimed. "All of us still want to perform. And we want to see you happy. We can figure something out. What if..."

"What if?" Moon asked, looking at me.

I sat thinking for a second before speaking up again. "We rebuild a stage on the theatre... get the seats back in order... perform... illegally?"

Moon smiled for a second. "You know, that doesn't sound too bad."

After talking about how we were going to rebuild it for a few minutes, both of us walked out of the pool house. Only to realize everyone had been eavesdropping on us. Moon gave them a look but quickly shook it off.

"Guys.. we are having the show!" He shouted.