7

The next morning, I woke up, glad that the power was back on by the time I got home last night.

Today I had off work and it was the day of the rehearsal show. I quickly used the bathroom, got a shower, brushed my teeth, and got dressed in a nice presentable outfit. I couldn't be wearing my lazy attire - which was what I wear every day.

I left the house at exactly 11:30 am. I hadn't eaten anything, since I figured I could grab something at the theatre. Moon always kept snacks in his office.

Once I arrived, I found Ms Crawley. "Good morning!" I said.

"Good morning, deary." She replied. She was standing on the stage, messing with the microphone to make sure she could adjust the height and make sure it worked well for the rehearsal. "Moon is upstairs in his office."

"I figured. Thanks Ms Crawley!" I said. I found my way to Moon's office and took a seat in a chair.

"Y/N!" He exclaimed. "Glad to see you here."

"Thanks," I responded. "Can I get a snack?"

"Sure. In the drawer where they always are."

I stood up and searched through his snack drawer, finding some chips. I got the bag out and started eating some. "So, when is everyone arriving?"

"Anywhere from 12:30 to 1:00 pm." He answered. "You off work tomorrow as well?"

"Sadly, no." I said. "But I might have enough money to get a car soon..."

Moon stood up. "Seriously? That's awesome!"

"I know."

I just sat there for the next 10 minutes, eating the chips and watching youtube on my phone. Moon was on his computer on his desk. Probably talking to his other best friend, Eddie.

Eddie was a nice guy, I'd only met him twice, however. All I really knew was that he had a mean, very rich grandmother. Eddie was also very wealthy, from what I'd heard. Moon went on vacations with him every year.

Suddenly, I remembered what Meena had said to me. "Moon, can I talk to you about something?"

He closed his computer. "Sure. What's up?"

"It's about Meena. She wanted me to talk to you about something."

"And what's that?"

"When she baked you that cake and said hi to you, she actually wanted to re-audition. She's the one who failed to audition, remember?"

"Ah.. yes.." Moon said, thinking. "Well..."

"I was thinking you could add her in for rehearsal today. See how she does. If she's well enough, I say add her in. We've already lost a few people - one in which is Mike." I explained.

"That's not an entirely bad idea," Moon replied, tapping a pen on the table. "Alright. Deal. But if she doesn't do well, Y/N, we really can't let her into the show."

"I know," I said.

"Ha! There she is now!" Moon yelled, looking out the window. "Go get her for me, will ya? Bring her up here."

I went to go get Meena. We said hi and I told her there was a surprise in Moon's office waiting for her.

"Hi, Mr Moon," Meena said as she crept into his office. "What's the surprise?"

Moon looked at me. "Well it's not exactly a surprise," he said, "but, Y/N and I had a little conversation, and we figured you can audition by attending in the rehearsal today. Ms Crawley can help with the stage."

"Oh, oh my gosh!" Meena shouted. "This.. it's.. it's my dream to be in a show! I promise I'll do good.. I really promise, Mr Moon."

"I believe ya," Moon replied. "Now, go get the rest. They're waiting outside as well."

Meena and I went to go get the rest of the animals, and I walked away from everyone else, walking up to Johnny.

"Hi.." I said, kinda shyly considering what we talked about and what happened yesterday.

"Hey, Y/N," he replied, walking past me, "look, I don't have much time. I need to rehearse first, I believe. I got something to do afterwards."

"Ok, no problem," that's when I saw Rosita and Gunter head to the stage. "Quick! Ask if you can go before them!"

I followed Johnny to them, but unfortunately, Gunter had already started singing. Rosita said she had no control and said she was sorry. I apologized to Johnny and told him he could go next.

I took a seat next to Ms Crawley to watch the pigs. It was great until Rosita fell. They both walked off stage.

Johnny ran with the piano right as they left, and plopped himself down on the stool.

"You got this Johnny!" I yelled. He gave me a quick smile before immediately performing.

He was doing exceptionally well. He was singing "All of Me" but, he did mess up on a lot of notes. After he was done and Moon told him what he needed to work on, I raced to him just as he was leaving.

"Johnny, where are you going?" I asked.

"It's - it's nowhere. I just gotta meet my dad," he explained. "Listen, I can probably come back."

"Is this about yesterday?" I asked. I was pretty worried. Maybe he was lying. "I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable, I didn't mean to pry, and-"

Suddenly, Johnny gave me a hug. For literally no reason at all. We parted. "Look," he said, "it's nothing about yesterday. Okay? You're fine, we're fine. I promise, I will come back later today if I get the chance. But for now, I really gotta meet my dad. See ya, Y/N."

And with that, he raced out of the building.