10

That night, I went to dinner with Moon. We hadn't hung out unless it was at the theatre. I called off work this evening just to hang out. I could tell that dumb manager wasn't happy.

Once our food arrived, Moon started talking.

"So.. Johnny, huh?" He chuckled.

"Oh my gosh please shut up." I replied.

His face made a grin. Oh god he knows. Most definitely knows. This is so embarrassing.

"Ugh fine!" I cried. "I have a crush on Johnny."

"Knew it!" Moon exclaimed. "You two.. not gonna lie.. it would be awesome if you performed together sometime."

"You know I don't sing."

"Oh, I know that. Maybe Johnny could sing, and you'd play piano?"

"Not at this upcoming one. That's his spotlight and his only." I said.

"Well obviously," Moon replied. "I'm saying for the future. You guys could really perform together."

"Eek." I said, eating a french fry. "You know I don't perform."

"Ugh, Y/N!" Said Moon, "live a little! Maybe in like 2 months you could try it out. I'm thinking it'd be a great idea, that's all."

Fast forward after dinner

Moon drove me back to the theatre, where I hung out for a little bit before I walked back home. I quickly brushed my teeth and changed into my PJ's. Tomorrow would be a big day for everyone. And I knew Johnny was ready. I had him recite his performance 3 times. Each time, he did it perfectly.

————————————————-

The next morning, I got ready real quick before leaving the house, almost running to the theatre.

Once I arrived, everyone was already there. Rosita and Gunter were reciting their performance, which they did great. Ash did amazing too. I was proud of her. Meena did awesome. I was really hoping she wouldn't be too shy to put on the show for Nana. Mike actually arrived. I was shocked. He said he still wanted to perform for Nana, since he could possibly get 'famous'. Johnny was last to recite, and he was perfect. Just perfect.

Soon afterwards, I spotted Nana's ride outside. "Moon! Eddie and Nana are here!"

Moon raced outside, greeting Nana, who didn't look too pleased. I opened the door for her and Eddie, and Moon followed in behind them. He gave me a real worried look. Oh gosh. That couldn't be good.

Mike had gone outside to grab something from his car. Probably his own microphone. Gosh, he needed to be humbled.

Nana and Eddie found their seats, and I went backstage. "Ash! You are going to do great."

"Thanks, Y/N." She said.

I went around telling everyone else they were going to do great, even Ms Crawley, who was helping out with the stage.

"Johnny!" I exclaimed. "Hi!"

"Hey, Y/N," he replied. "I'm pretty nervous, not gonna lie. Nana will definitely judge me."

"You'll do great. I'm sure she'll judge you in a nice manner." I said.

Just at that moment, Moon was being lowered on the stage moon. "Ladies, and gentleman! Welcome to the Moon Theatre!" He said. "What we are performing today has taken lots of time and effort from everyone here!" He hopped off the moon and stepped onto the stage, where squids came up to the glass to match his steps.

I looked up at Nana and saw that she was grinning. Guess she liked it so far. "Wow, this is so cool," I whispered to Gunter.

Suddenly, right when Rosita and Gunter were about to head to the stage, 3 huge bears walked in. But they weren't ordinary bears. They were scary looking. And they were holding Mike by his collar...

A/N: sorry this chapter is shorter, I'm trying to make them all over 650 words, so yeah this one isn't as long.