EP23: a nap

ajax softly opened his eyes, feeling warm blanket on his shoulders

ajax softly opened his eyes, feeling warm blanket on his shoulders. sun was peeking through the window, warmth on his cheeks.

he sat up straight and wiped his face with his hands, trying to remember what happened. it was a dream...?

"HOLY MOTHER OF SWEET BABY JE– oh."

no, it wasn't. 

ajax swallowed and stood up, throwing the blanket on his shoulders. beautiful smell of pancakes (or maybe waffles?) filled his nostrils.

he left his room and saw minerva the second she tried to catch a bowl. she managed and a loud sigh of relief left her mouth.

then she turned around and poured some of the substance that was in the bowl on a pan. then she quickly turned off the kettle and made tea in two cups.

how does he approach her? he doesn't want to scare her but on the other hand...

"HOLY MACARONI– AJAX!"

he looked up and his eyes met hers, green pools of joy.

"you scared me! good morning! i hope you slept well and i didn't disturb you. also i hope you don't mind but i made some breakfast? i woke up and i just couldn't..." minerva explained, playing with her fingers.

"it's okay" google translator spoke up.

minerva's face literally went ":D"

"okay, so! here, i made you some tea. here you have the pancakes and some toppings i found. that's a shame you don't have peanut butter though but that's okay! now, eat!" she said and placed a steaming cup in front of him and came back to the pan, where a pancake was almost burnt.

ajax quickly turned around and rushed to bathroom, to take out a jar of peanut butter from his bathtub. he remembered his one conversation with dagger about this.

when he came back and sat down, placing the jar next to his plate. he looked at minerva, running around kitchen like a busy bee.

could it be? sure, they have familiar voices but minerva's sounded... a bit different. the way she was speaking was full of joy, excitement but her voice tone alone was cold, a bit monotonic. dagger's voice, on the other hand, was monotonic. you could hear if she was happy but it was more... dull?

right, some people can have similar voices. maybe that's the case. but only way to find out is to make her scream.

"is the tea too hot? your ears are as red as fucking tomato" minerva started laughing and sat in front of him. he just nodded, continuing his thoughts.