EP39: soup

dagger stared at the screen, head resting on her knee

dagger stared at the screen, head resting on her knee. her animal crossing self was just standing in place, that's why her viewer count dropped.

corpse's, on the other hand, rose up with every minute. he was talking to his chat constantly while struggling with catching bugs.

minerva's green eyes scanned through chat. do something, is she afk?, what's going on... but she just didn't feel like moving.

it was her first stream in a week, which was very... unlike her. dagger streamed almost everyday, or even every 2-3 days in a week at least.

and she didn't post her weekly podcast episode for almost two weeks... which happened, like... never.

minerva heard footsteps and the door opening. she didn't have to look up, she recognised by the footsteps that it was ajax.

he sighed quietly and came up to her setup, defeaned so the stream wouldn't hear them.

"min, you're clearly not alright. let's wrap up for today, hm?" ajax asked, kneeling down next to her chair. she looked at him and his brown eyes full of care.

minerva slowly raised her hand and moved the black locks that were on his forehead.

"on friday it's your big day. you gotta power up a bit" corpse smiled and grabbed her hand, interlocking their fingers. his brows furrowed at the warmth of her skin.

he rose up his other hand up to her forehead and gasped.

"you're burning, dumbass. cmon, lay down and i'll get you some medicine" ajax sighed and helped her stand up just to tuck her in the bed.

when minerva was down, he finished the stream on her behalf and then came back to his apartment to end his. on the way he grabbed some medicine.

"i'm back!" he hummed and saw her, fighting the urge to fall asleep "why didn't you tell me you're sick?"

"because i'm not" minerva mumbled, voice groggy

"ehe, i can hear that" ajax scoffed and grabbed a bottle of water from the nightstand "you're exhausted and overworking yourself... and now you're sick"

"i'm not. i literally didn't post anything for a week" she turned around, blinking slowly

"because you were taking your time after the... incident. which is normal and acceptable. i think your body just wants to let you know that you're working too hard. and the interview on friday isn't helping at all" corpse mumbled and pulled the chair, sitting next to her bed "eat up"

she sent him a death glare and took the medicine.

"don't look at me like that. i'm right and we both know that" he leaned forward, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear "i'll make you some soup"