Hello to you too

Chapter 1

My foot steps making a very attention catching noise. My smile was plastered on. But looked real to anyone else. I walked into the office that was vaguely familiar, since I’d only been here once. Once being the time I had applied for the internship, it was the only one available but she needed it. It was her only hope of getting into college.

So if that meant a fake smile, a tight bun of my thick brown hair at the end of my head that stopped blood from flowing normally through my head, and trading my lovely and dear converse for heels. She would do it.

Today was more than important, it a matter of my life’s beginning or end. Not literally of course…

 But I needed this.

Letting out a nervous breath and straightening my red dress and black blazer when I finally reached the door. I rose my hand, standing at the door about knock. The door opens before I can even touch the dark stained wood of the door. And out comes a crying man in a suit. Slowly looking back to the open door, hazel eyes meet my brown ones.

“Adrianna Colton, come in please.”Mentally checking if I was still smiling, I moved passed  him.  He follows my trail as I sit and he does the same on the opposite side of the large black polished wood desk. Bill Davis, was 24, only 6 years older than myself.  As good looking as he never had a woman around him.

“So I looked at your resume, it was very….interesting. But as qualified as you are, I have some questions for you,” I frowned internally. Externally I simply smiled and nodded in return. And he continued on as he leaned closer to me by leaning against the table. The leather  creaked as he moved, putting his weight at the end.

“Don’t worry, they're fairly simple.” He tried to reassure.

I nodded then muttered an okay.

“How good are you at lying, Miss Clarke?” He said as if it were a simple and normal question.  But I responded by looking at him, confusion clear on my face. Undecided on whether or not to dare answer such a question.

“Excuse me?” I said finally, frowning at him slightly. Was this some sort of trick question?

 “What about secrets, any good at keeping those?” I looked at him, reading his facial features for any answers.

“Of course, I can keep secrets. Is there something I should know? Am I missing something here?” I asked, I looked frustrated and confused at his face. But then realized his face was of no help at all. He looked into my eyes.Then at my clothing, scrutinizing then he rose his eyes back to mine. Looking decided, he rises from his seat. Putting his hand into his coat pocket, he holds out four keys. I look at the keys and then into his eyes. Then his approving smile. I could have started dancing at that moment. But mentally scolded myself from doing so.

“You’ll keep him occupied for a while….” He mumbled quietly under his breath.

“What? He?”

“You’ve got the job. And keep in mind, you signed up for this.” He said and handed me the keys as if it burned his skin. As the keys dropped into my hands, I wondered why he was so relieved to finally giving the keys and what ever that went along with it to her. And the ‘he’ that she was here to keep busy.

 ---------

Stepping outside of the building, and making my way to the parking lot. I stared around, at all the cars when I finally got there. Finally lowering my eyes, I dug in my pockets for the keys that Bill gave me. I found the one that look like it belong to a car and clicked the unlock button. Looking up, I walk slowly. Finally reaching the car my jaw drops for a while, as I brush my hands against the beige leather.  I removed my heels and and coat, placing them in the back with my purse.  I stared at the the beige strips slipping beautifully with the black. The old style mustang was more than beautiful.

How many people can say that their first car was this amazing? I thought.

With a big smile, I slipped into the driver’s seat and revved the engine. As it purred to life, music poured from the stereo. The navigation system coming to life and directed me to my new home.

----------

Stopping, I just stared. Moving my head and eyes from the dash board to where the GPS had announced I arrived. Getting my heels and slipping them on, stepped out while killing the engine and taking the keys. I grabbed my purse and stepped to the door again searching my pocket for keys. Opening one door, only to be meet with two more, I finally entered. I stared at the welcoming and modern furniture and colors.

“Woah.” Was all that my mind could come up with.

Dropping my things I continued you on, looking around.

“This is way to much for only me.”

Especially since I’m just an intern. I thought.

Moving back I bumped into a wall, I walk forward a little and look back. Eyes widened I stared at it, starting from bottom to top where my eyes are met with a smirk and blue eyes.

“When your done checking me out, mind telling me who the hell you are?”