Author's Note | #ONC2022

Hi everyone! Well, I didn't think I was going to do it, not on this account anyway. But I am participating in the OpenNovellaContest; this chapter is going to include all the important details and, of course, I will add everything else as I move forward.

I have always wanted to participate in the Open Novella Contest, but I had other priorities. This year, one of my goals is to write a complete project. I think this contest is the perfect way to do this. I am familiar with writing 50k words in 30 days, so 20k words in a 12-week period is like a breath of air.

I have decided to use the Fantasy Prompt, #46; Ever since you turned eighteen, a lark's been leaving flowers, colorful pebbles, and intricate elements of nature to you. Five years later, while on a trip to a well-renowned museum, a painting featuring a lark holding familiar flowers and similar pebbles intrigues you. You try to find the artist, only to end up at the abode of the museum's owner- also, the crown prince of a secret magical kingdom.

 You try to find the artist, only to end up at the abode of the museum's owner- also, the crown prince of a secret magical kingdom

This book will be a standalone, romantic fantasy; fantasy, but the main focus is the romance. It is New Adult but will have YA appeal. The story is going to be set in Medieval-like times (Romeo & Juliet era), but whimsical romantic with fantastical, magic elements of mind and energy.

Content/Trigger Warning: While I do prefer to keep my characters mindful of their actions, for the purpose of this story the main character does lie to her parents. But all will come together in the way it should. I tell you this because I know I have readers who appreciate C/TW, and others who know I prefer to write a particular way. ♥

Add my book to your list. And this is the only time I will allow it: Comment in THIS section with a link to your #ONC2022 book so I can add it to my list. ► (If your book has nothing to do with the #ONC2022, your comment will be deleted.)

Entered into the Open Novella Contest 2022 The Lark's Pearl | Prompt 46 (Fantasy)

Milestone 1: 2,000 words (done) - Submitted to Round 1 | Progressing!

Milestone 2: 8,000 words (done) - Submitted to Round 2 | Progressing!

Milestone 3: 20,000 words (done) - Submitted to Round 3! | Results Loading ... did not make the Longlist but I had so much fun with this book. ♥

©2022 E. S. Elias All Rights Reserved.

Published to Wattpad 02.01.2022

Cover: Esther Hadassah @DesignsbyEH (I used Canva)

The Lark's Pearl (A Standalone Romantic Fantasy) | ✔

Ariabella is a young woman who receives the gift of pearls from a bird of mysterious, playful nature: a Lark. How does this sweet, little bird come by these pearls and what will Ariabella do when she finds out why this bird chose her?

This wholesome, romantic fantasy, can be enjoyed completely on its own without fear of a cliffhanger, HEA guaranteed.

******************

#13 (Top 20!) in #ONC2022 03.13.2022 - #10 3.14.2022 

 #1 in #YAlit 02.09.2022 

 #10 in #cleanromance 02.13.2022 - #4 2.22.22 (Top 100!) 

#25 in #opennovellacontest2022 - 2.22.2022 

 #5 in #Romantasy 2.25.2022