Chapter Two

The horse manages to calm down enough for me to take control.

I laugh with pure pleasure, "Good horse! Good horse!" I pet him.

He grunts. He's probably still just bitter about him doing something wrong. Hmph.

"Now come on, we're going to-" A slight cough overcomes me. "The air must be-"

My head starts to throb. This is not ordinary.

"What the-"

"Despiértese!" I wake up to a splash of water on my face. What happened, had I blacked out?

My eyes flicker open, I see a young girl with brown hair, a caramel skin tone and big cinnamon eyes, sitting with a bucket of water. A smile grew on her face, "¡Hurra! ¡Se despertó!"

"Who are you?" I ask in panic, "Did you kidnap me? Why did you-?"

The young girl frowns, "¿No habla español?" I can't understand anything. She face palms. "No Spanish?"

"Spanish?" I mumble. "No."

She tisks, "Miguel, no habla español."

A short man, who looked a lot like the girl walks towards me. He sits down next to the girl on the floor.

"Who are you?" He asks with a thick accent.

"Nij-" I realize that they would know who I am, and I recall what I learnt from my classes, so right now, "I'm Noah." Yes. Noah. "Who are you?"

"I'm Miguel. Your horse was galloping everywhere with you on his back, you'd fainted. So we brought you here." He explains.

"Thank you, Miguel. Erm, where am I?"

"You're in Diadema."

I gasp under my breath. I was right to not reveal my name. This is our neighboring kingdom that had over two times announced war on us, even though they were comparatively less in number. Of course, we had won the wars, and then the kingdom stopped. So, yes, obviously, I wouldn't want to go around telling people, I'm the prince of one of your enemy kingdoms!

"Oh. Thank... thank you." I croak.

How had I got here? Did I faint? Collapse? Did the cook make expired food? Or. Did I do wrong by trusting Martina? Had she put something in my food? That was probably it, but I couldn't jump to conclusions. As soon as I got out of here, I would try to figure it out immediately.

"What time is it?"

"It's ten in the morning," says Miguel.

The girl grins widely at me, "Dieciocho de Abril."

"She says it's eighteenth April."

"Eighteenth April?!" I exclaim, "I've been out for three days!"

I have two weeks before coronation, and I still need to get back the princess! This is horrible! I'm never going to make it! I need to go right away!

I frantically look around me. I'm sitting on a white sheet, with pillow and a blanket. I'm in a small square room, with dusty floors, and marked walls. There is a door to the right, and a blurry window to the left.