Chapter Three

"Let's take a break, Bucephalus," I say, grabbing onto his harnace. I get off swiftly, and hold onto him. I sigh, and tell the horse, "I think there's got to be a river around here somewhere. The map said its nearby, but then again, I'm not a mastermind at reading maps."

Bucephalus grunts.

"Nonetheless, I know you must be tired. Let's take a break."

The horse doesn't seem to agree with me. He jumps into the air and gives a fierce neigh.

"You're not tired?" I ask, sitting on the grassy ground.

The horse doesn't reply.

"Well I certainly am," I lie down, staring at the bright sunny sky. Guess I was feeling happy; or grateful, atleast.

Bucephalus gives up, and lies down as well.

"Can I tell you something, Bucephalus?" I ask. When he doesn't respond, I finally realize he was a horse that can't talk. Sometimes, he makes such sounds, I think he can talk normally, too. I am getting far too lonely. "I'll tell you any way."

The horse rolls around, trying to roll away from me.

"Listen, now, horse," I laugh. "I'm really worried. Why would Martina do that to me? Does she hate me that much...? I just wanted to be king. Was that too much to ask for? Is it really that important-"

The horse grunts angrily, which I assume was him telling me to shut up.

"Yeah, thanks, horse. Really helps." I roll my eyes, sitting up straight. "Let's just go find a stream or something, I'm thirsty."

When the horse doesn't move, I sigh, and get up myself, angrily muttering about how lazy Bucephalus is.

"You better be following me, horse," I yell, walking to the right, my map open wide.

Bucephalus gets up, and gallops over to me, casually hitting me on my butt.

"Ow! What was that for, stupid?" I shriek, rubbing my back.

The horse neighs angrily in defense.

"You're so dumb, Bucephalus, and stubborn." I sigh.

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺

As soon as the stream comes in sight, I run quickly towards it. I shall swallow my spit no more!

I take a sip, and immediately, my mind clears. Water never tasted so sweet. Infact, I didn't even realize the girl a few feet away from me.

She sat with her back turned on me, leaving only her thick black braid in sight. She appeared to be... meditating?

I decide to walk up to her, maybe I can ask her where I can find resources for proper food.

"Hi," I say softly.

She turns her head towards me. I immediately flinch.

She frowns, "What do you want? Are you here to make fun of me?" She gets up, turning herself to me.

"Gorgeous." I manage.

"What?"

"Your skin... it's gorgeous." I say. Her skin was a patchy multi-tone. The major part of it is chocolaty, and the patchy part is a peach.

She blushes with embarrassment, "Why do you lie to yourself?"

I raise an eyebrow, "What do you mean? I'm telling the truth."

She chuckles. "Really? Everyone thinks it looks disgusting, and you say it's gorgeous?"

I nod promptly. I give a wide grin, "Aside from that, I'm Noah."

"Well, dear Noah, I'm not telling you who I am." The girl smirks, placing her hands on her waist.

"Alright then. I don't mind!" I say, though I really did mind. "I wanted to ask a favor."

The girl scowls at me, "Oh of course!" She shakes her head, "I thought you were genuinely nice, but no! You just called my skin pretty because you wanted to ask a favor! Tit for tat, isn't it, Noah?"

"What are you sputtering? I thought we got over that topic! Your skin is pretty!"

"I thought you said it was 'Gorgeous!'" The girl yells. She really just wants to start an argument, doesn't she?

"Oh my- yes! It is gorgeous! Come on! Gorgeous and pretty are practically synonyms!"

"Hmph!"

I sigh, "Please. I just need one favor."

"No!" She crosses her arms.

"Please!"

"No!"

"Please!" I beg, extending the -ease.

"Fine. What the hell do you want?"

"I just wanted to ask where you could find some food or it's resources?"

The girl's eyes widen, "Wait! Are you homeless? You poor, poor thing!"

"I'm not homeless. You are really two-faced, aren't you?"

The girl giggles, "Yeah, it represents my two tone!" She pulls out her fingers, making a, 'peace,' sign.

I laugh back. "You're funny."

"I know I am," she grins proudly. "Now follow me. I'll bring you to my house."

"Wait. Are you sure?" I ask unsurely. Is it right to intrude?

She rolls her eyes and scoffs, "Shut up, and come. You're the one who was begging me!"

"Guess I can't disagree with that."

"You can't," she replies, walking North.

"Hold up, I need to get my horse." I say, suddenly remembering Bucephalus existence.

I run and get hold of the horse that's death staring at me from a distance.

When I get back, sitting on his sturdy back, the girl looks at me angrily.

"If you have horse, you don't have enough money for food?" She asks, looking at me as though she'll kill me.

"Um... my dad... he gave him to me... and I ran out of food..." I try to explain.

"What do you even mean? Are you traveling somewhere?"

"No! I mean... yes. Look... I can't explain this to you," I say sharply, trying to be bold.

"Oh really? Then I really can't take you to my house." She says arrogantly.

"I really can't tell you... please understand. This is a top secret mission!" I yell, panicking. Then I immediately covered my mouth realizing I said too much.

"Mission? You're on a mission?" She eyes me head-to-toe.

"I- yes. Yes. Yes, I am. Is that enough for you?"

"So you're some royal gaurd or some prince or something?" She smiles, clearly proud of her snooping.

"Erm, yes?" I look at my feet awkwardly.

"Yay! Now that you confessed, come on! I can't wait to tell everyone that I found royalty!" Her lips part into an uncontrollable smile.

I can't help but chuckle, "Can I get your name now?"

"Hazel. Call me Haze."

A/N: I just introduced one of my favorite charecters in the series, Hazel. I know alot people won't like her, but she's one of the most realistic charecters with a lot of diversity.

If you guys liked this chapter and the ongoing book, please don't forget to send feedback in the comments, vote and follow me.