Chapter 12: Amused?

Chapter 12: Amused?

"Free pass to the amusement park for the whole class."

"What? That's lame." Jimin comments.

"Free, Jimin. The keyword is 'free'." Being a rich kid doesn't mean they don't like free stuff. "The whole class is going too. I think it will be fun before the party tonight."

"I told you he wouldn't like it. Jimin's not so hyped about those rides." Jungkook, again, is right.

"But I'll go." Jimin informs. He hates that Jungkook is right, so it's his way of... acting out? But on what?

"I wasn't planning to go, but since you're going, I'm going too." Jungkook says.

"Ok." Jimin says after he takes a sip from his glass, looking away. He's trying to tell himself that whatever Jungkook does, it's the act of friendship. Seems to be hard when he's head over heels for the stupid handsome best friend who's sitting across from him.

The kids bid their goodbyes to their parents before they head to the amusement park. Yoongi and Namjoon are joining them too since it's their day anyways.

"Give me the keys, I'll drive." Jungkook orders. It's become the habit where the taller best friend would be the one who's driving.

Jimin hands Jungkook the keys. They're gonna be apart soon. As much as he wants to get over Jungkook, he wants to absorb every little thing Jungkook does for him, as much as possible. Letting go seems to be off the table for now.

Namjoon, Taehyung and Yoongi are going in a separate car. So it's only Jimin and Jungkook is Jimin's car. The two best friends talk while listening to random Spotify music. Giggles are heard from time to time with all the nonsenses they keep babbling about.

It's Jimin's favorite thing to do with Jungkook. It works both ways actually. Jungkook loves how his best friend can make a conversation about basically anything that shows up on his sight. One example is Jimin wondering why the license plates have to be rectangular? What would it be like if they're all circles? Jungkook would be complaining about how stupid the question is, but he always try to make sense out of anything Jimin asked.

It's fun to piss Jungkook off, and Jungkook likes it too when Jimin is being cheeky with his stupid questions. One time Jimin used to question why the traffic lights are red, green and yellow, and they had to pull over, so Jungkook can google for answers. It happens all the time and mostly in their ride together.

Question after questions, they finally arrive at the amusement park after almost 2 hours. They park the car. Jungkook gets out of the car and waits a little for Jimin to come out. That's when he realizes the problem, and the reason why Jimin is taking forever to come out.

Jungkook sighs before he opens the car door again. "Shouldn't you have prepared for the sunlight?"

"Yeah. I completely forgot." Jimin takes his gown from the back of the car. "I'll be fine. See? I can use this as a cover." Don't get him wrong. Jimin loves it when he's more tan, but the perk of having sensitive skin, it doesn't allow him to be friendly with the sun. A little normal kind of sunlight is fine, but the outdoor amusement park kind of sunlight is not. Jimin would be burnt.