Chapter 31: Welcome home

"Surprise!!" Most people at the party shout at Jimin who's trying his best to act surprised right when the door is opened. He feels lucky that Yoongi informed him beforehand that the party will include around 50 people.

"Oh my god." He giggles. Not because of the beautiful balloon that says 'Welcome home, Park Jimin.' Not because one of the house maids is crying from joy of seeing him, screaming 'it's been so long' Jimin is simply laughing at himself, acting surprised, and how fake and obvious it's looking for his mother's eyes. "Eomma, appa." He opens his arms for them to jump into his hug.

"You've grown so much." Jimin's eomma says, tugging Jimin's hair behind the back of his ear. "Black hair suits you the best."

"Come on, you visited me months ago. I should not grow that much in your eyes." Jimin giggles, his crescent eyes are getting small.

"Well, I feel like you grow more and more every time I see you." His appa smiles, patting on his head. "Come here." He then wraps his arm around Jimin's shoulder. Now they're facing the guests in the party. "Thank you everyone for coming. Some of you guys have seen my only son, and for those of you who don't know him. Now that he's graduated in Graphic design. He is going to become our company's valuable asset. He will be working at Ploy magazine under his mother as a design director. We're excited to see more fresh and new innovative ideas being brought to the table. Introducing you, Park Jimin."

"Oh wow, that's formal." Jimin whispers.

"Now say hi and bow." Yuna whispers back through her smile.

"Hello, I'm Park Jimin." Jimin smiles lightly. Meeting eyes with people in the crowd, and his eyes happen to meet with one familiar pair of eyes close to the front, making his heart beat faster, but he doesn't stop roaming his eyes to the crowd. Jimin takes a deep breath. "Well, this is actually surprising. I've never had this many people at a party arranged for me." He adds, earning laughter from the crowd. "Thank you for taking your time this evening to enjoy the moment with us. It's a pleasure to meet you all, and if I'm not that wasted tonight, I hope I get to say hi to all of you in person." Jimin then bows again, earning another laugh from the crowd.