10

the rest of the Slytherins flooded past, on their way to breakfast in the Great Hall.

"bring us some food, Goyle!" Draco yelled at the passing boys who nodded.

"i've got a fucking awful headache." Matty groaned, heaving himself onto the sofa and rubbing his temples.

"that's what you get for drinking all that." i pointed at the mess of bottles surrounding his space on the floor.

"what day is it?" Pansy hiccuped.

"Christmas," Theo groaned.

"really?!" Enzo sat up quickly then clapped a hand over his mouth. "i'm going to be sick!"

we couldn't muster the energy to laugh as he sprinted up to his bedroom.

"what are we going to do?" Blaise couldn't open his eyes fully.

"lay here," i spread my arms and legs out like a snow angel.

"but we have lessons!"

"then go, nobody's stopping you!" Draco didn't even bother opening his eyes.

Blaise huffed but didn't move.

"who's captain of the Quidditch team?" i asked.

"it's usually the best player." Pansy said quietly. "it was Reg last year."

i turned to Regulus. "tell Snape you're calling an off day for us to train."

"i can't just-"

"then i will." i stood up shakily and made my way to the door.

"wait," Tom called behind me as he and Matteo rose slowly.

we walked the short distance to Snape's office and knocked on the door.

"enter," he called.

i took a deep breath, trying to appear as if i hadn't spent the night drinking myself into oblivion and pushed open the door.

"ah, Riddles." he said drily. "to what do i owe the pleasure?"

"we're calling an off day for the Slytherin Quidditch team." i told him.

"and why is that?" he raised an eyebrow.

"because we could do with the training and we need to learn to work as a team."

"and not because you spent the night drinking yourselves into oblivion?"

what the fuck? could he read my mind.

"the fresh air will help them clear their minds, Sir." Tom stepped up.

"i'm sure it will."

"so we can train?" Matteo had a hand on the wall trying to steady himself.

"i don't think any of you are in the right mindset to get on a broom." Snape looked at Matteo pointedly. "go for a run around the grounds, have some breakfast and then you can train in the afternoon."

a run around the grounds he'd said.

we could barely walk but Enzo and Theo had found a burst of energy from somewhere.

"come on you losers!" they ran back towards us.